Ford Mondeo Including ST Discuss all things about the Ford Mondeo from all models inc the ST220/200 etc in here!

hi just signed in [new to the site]

Search this Thread

Old 15-01-2009, 10:33 PM
leighstmondy
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi just signed in [new to the site]

hi there all just browsing and got on this site seems cool ive just bought a st24 about 3 months ago needs a tweak here and there but im waiting 4 warmer climate...its a saloon in panther black with 17inch wheels [look like diamond cut wheels but not sure]its done 83k which isnt alot 4 a 98 on an R plate.has all the rsap skirts and really looks great ...i bought the saloon as there was alot of hatces and thought id be different with a saloon as u dont see to many of them .... i live in essex not far from lakeside so ill be looking on here 4 any meets maybe and work permitting ..i also have a scimitar but thats been put on the back shelf and needs alot of work to it ...still its ford based with the 3litre essex engine lol...anyways any advice on these st24 will be greatly recieved mainly in the electrical dept as ive fitted a computor but just realised it needs wiring up ...being thick i just thought u took the old clock out and the computor took its place all working ...how wrong i was ...still u live and learn .anyways ive chatted or blabbered off to much now but ill be back from time to time check things out cya all and have a great new year bye leigh
Old 15-01-2009, 10:52 PM
adam151082
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome mate
Old 16-01-2009, 11:20 AM
STEVEST24
ST by Name and by Nature

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome and congrats on getting an ST24. About the computer fitting, have a look on www.mirez.co.uk who has produced alot of useful guides. Surprised you not got wiring there as I have a 1999 model and it had only 5 wires for computer, earlier versions usually had the full 13 wires, which were as you were expecting plug n play.

From my experiance the earlier ST24s seem based on Ghia/X, until Ford realised how popular they were and started building the later ones more cheaply and to a price.

One thing worth checking especially as you have an earlier ST24, the water pump impellor, which on early ST24s had nasty habit of breaking up with obvious problems. You can get a metal impellor from motor factors for about £40. If yours has a black plastic impellor then best change it as these were the problem ones.

Enjoy your ST24 as you say it's a cracking car.
Old 16-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Thefuturesbright
JAFSPORT

Welcome to the shadow side of ford performance, lol.

I love the saloons, i had one in silver.
Old 17-01-2009, 11:08 PM
leighstmondy
Virgin

thefutursbright /adam and steve thanks 4 the posts steve thanks 4 the tips especially about the water pumps.ill check as soon as and if i have the old plastic pump will change asap... the other site u mentioned MIREZ] I GOT EARLIER BUT IN READING IT AGAIN I THINK I ONLY HAVE TO WIRE IN THE VSS TO THE JUNCTION BOX IN THE ENGINE BAY.. thanks 4 the advice ....the futuesbright yes the saloon looks great as does the hatchback ...just and individual choice but im well pleased. i had it flat out over xmas night and got 145mph out of her [according to the speedo]..was on a private road of course lol anyways speak soon leigh
Old 17-01-2009, 11:09 PM
leighstmondy
Virgin

adam is that a capri i see there ....not the rs 3100 is it ?