Ford Mondeo Including ST Discuss all things about the Ford Mondeo from all models inc the ST220/200 etc in here!

2006 focus st exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 11:32 PM
cris
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2006 focus st exhaust.

hi all
a good friend of mine has just bought a new focus st, ive driven it and ive got to say i think ford have finally got it right for us can fans, his previous st170 was v.nice but not enough this one is just right and (if you ignore the fuel bill) very practical.
when it swallowed up the push chair, shopping baby plus babystuff and three adults we started laughing cos theres no way his wife can make him take it back...it is a family car!

however between us we have owned quite a few fast fords old and new school and all modified in some way, in his opinion his focus needs a bit more of a growl when provoked, but not a chavy loud quad ten inch tail pipe sort of deal.

anyway my question is could any one please offer feed back on sports exhaust systems that are available for these cars especialy if youve got one that does not increase the noise levels much
thanks
cris
Old 04-07-2006, 10:34 AM
T4KAF
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have mongoose turbo bk on mine and u wudnt evan know it was on,just ever so slightly louder on full boost,not that much noticebale tho,and few folk i know said same about,miltek and piper 1 as well,tell ur m8 2 get intercooler and bluefin and 290bhp!!!
Old 06-07-2006, 06:41 PM
EscRSCos

Default Get a PIPER !

Hi just to let you no my ST has now got 294BHP courtest of PUMABUILD in Birmingham.

The car funs a K&N air filter plus a Piper exhaust plus a Pumabuild Chip and a RAD-TEC intercooler.

ALAN who is the main man at pumabuild seriously recommended the piper to me as he said he fitted the mongosse exhaust and it constantly knocked at the rear bumper.

So he therefore fitted a piper which has adjustable exhaust ends to the can be moved in or out and up and down. And also changed for different tail pipes at another time.

Im not saying the mongoose is not a good exhaust as i had on on my Esc COS and it was bril but for the ST it's gotta be the PIPER its a bit more expensive than the mongoose but like they say you pay for what you get!

Get you mate to contact pumabuild i paid Ł400 for the exhaust and Ł450 for the intercooler and Ł350 for the chip plus Ł50 for the air filter.

That all added up works out to Ł1250 and you will not believe how the car goes with 290BHP it dosent even wheel spin due to its traction control.

The speed is comparible to a 22B impretza and a new E46 M3 which has 340BHP, Its mental modded DO IT!

Oh yea and the PIPER on its own, but the turbo screams when its chipped!!

Hope this all helps!!!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 05:25 PM
T4KAF
Advanced PassionFord User

my mongoose has the stabilezer bars 2 hold the tailpipes m8,where as the early 1s didnt have this and hence they melted the bumper,mines been fine!!!!
Old 26-07-2006, 09:08 PM
cris
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the feedback guys.
when the pain of all that money leaving his account subsides it will be performance tuning time, ill keep an eye on this forum for any new products on the scene