Ford KUGA Talk about the Ford Kuga here!

Here we go again

Old 09-05-2017, 08:10 AM
AngryAnt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Here we go again

Back to square one again with the intermittent trouble for a while now with starting.

It's really intermittent, but its becoming more frequent now several times a week regardless of the temp.

It will engine crank over and sounds as if it's about to start then fails.
This can happen a few times until it starts.

There are no fumes etc or any coloured smoke from the exhaust at all
While this was going on there where no fault codes showing at all..

As I said this has been going on for a while Initially from last summer and last march it was on a morning basis up in scotland on holiday for a week and it was when we came back that the problem this time it showed up a fault code on the air intake valve(throttle) was as a clogged up throttle valve..
As he had already cleaned the valve he removed the codes and did two tests engine on and engine off this showed up nothing at all..

Like.i said the valve was removed and cleaned and all was fine until a week later it started to do the same again so we drove the car back to him for a fault read...
This time it showed up as low voltage in the sensor so we agreed that another was required....
Happily the RAC guy showed the wife as its her kua hiw to use the accelorator to get it going...
So in the mean time i hunted for a replacement as i wasnt paying ford £450 for a new one as just dont have that money at the time..

In the mean time it was a case that the problem happened again a twice last week..
Anyway i eventually found a replacent valave from an 2012 kuga with 6000miles on the clock that was written off due the back end being smashed up..
The part was put in last friday tested and no codes...
Saturday morning it took forever to start and eventually she got it going via using the accelorator.
Sunday and monday started fine not a problem..
Took it to the gagage on monday afternoon to check for any codes again and surprise surprise nothing..
Tuesday morning it took 3 attempts to catch even though it cranks..
No error codes the fuel pressure is good, all sensors are ok

There is not a single issue while the car is running, it's purely a starting issue. Fuel economy is excellent, runs perfectly and the speedo rev counter are as they should be.

The glow plugs light up on the start button (it started fine mostly during the winter) and the issue happens both during hot and cold.

Once the car starts its good all day infact the missus can be at work all day and it will start first time so this fault is intermittent..
We are all out of possibilities and can't think what else it could be to cause the issue.
Can it be electrical,!
And what else is involved during the starting process that could affect it?
This year the kuga as had a new battery.....fuel filter.....and a new throttle valve.....

Any ideas or any experience on the issue are all welcome!

Just to be clear it's a 60 plate 2.0 TDCi kuga with around 35k on the clock.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:32 PM
boeb
Regular Contributor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Has it got or has it had water ingress problems
Old 10-05-2017, 07:28 AM
AngryAnt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never.....

Ive now been told to have the pressure on the injectors chkd and the non return valve on the sender pump......

Search this Thread