Ford KA Discuss your Ford KA here!

Need a bigger Ka :D

Old 13-02-2016, 04:06 PM
Nax
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a bigger Ka :D

Hey guys I'm looking to put a turbo in my Ka and I wanted some advice I know I need a 1.6 zhv but does any body know any threads or know what I would basically need and where would the best place be to gather my needed bits and bobs thanks every body and nice to meet you all
Old 21-02-2016, 06:43 AM
Hobomassiv
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are plenty of options for upgrading your engine but they all have different levels of difficulty and cost.

I assume you mean 1.6 ZVH? A ZVH is the bottom end of a zetec engine with the head from a CVH RS turbo engine on it.

If you have a 2003> Ka witht the duratec engine you can swap over to a Sportka engine pretty easily.

You can fit a 2.0 Zetec to the standard gearbox but you will need to make an engien moutn of find someone who can. I know of 1/2 people but not sure if htey still make them. The zetec is probably your best bet for modern-ness, cheaper upgrades, ease etc.

The 1.6 RS turbo engine also fits but you will need to have teh starter motor location moved on your gearbox and also an engine mount. You can use Fiesta OFAB/OFAC ECU and loom to control it cheaply and splice into the Ka.

The 1.7 puma engine fits but its nto a conversion I know too much about.

If you have $$$ anything is possible. See the cosworth RWD conversion Ka on this site for example, or the 1.8T 4wd audi powered Ka that exists out there.