Ford Focus ST This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus ST range

ST170 Full Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 10:18 AM
toro89
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ST170 Full Exhaust

I have to replace my exhaust. Well actually the oil sump but every bolt on the exhaust is rusted, like completely shredded. So once it's off it is not going back on. Now I know i will be getting a cat back system, either a scorpion or mongoose. Anyone every had these? Also have to replace the cat, is there much point in getting a sports cat when I just use the car for a daily? The price is massively in the difference between a sports and stock. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-10-2017, 11:55 AM
Rowe
Skint

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

stock manifold, stock cat, and a scorpion or mongoose system will be spot on. I'd advise keeping a cat in purely for legalities.

there's nothing stopping you from re-using your standard system really. Just snap the bolts off, then either smack the pins out or grind them. Then refit with new gaskets, bolts, and nuts.
The following users liked this post:
toro89 (05-10-2017)
Old 05-10-2017, 02:22 PM
toro89
Virgin

Thanks for the help. Rang Ford to see how much a new Cat would be, could nearly buy a new car for the price! €1100! I would love to be able to re-use the parts but the rust is bad from what i've seen. Going to replace them now and if they are still good, clean them up and have them as spares.
Found a new cat and flexi for 200 or so from Ebay, clearly not Ford but whatever. Unsure on either a Scorpion/Mongoose/Milltek cat back exhaust. Any idea on them?
Old 09-10-2017, 11:56 AM
Rowe
Skint

Milltek is loud
Mongoose sounds nice
Scorpion is too quiet for me

personal opinion of course. I run a Direnza system on mine which is usually fine on all the track noise tests I have to get through.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:09 PM
toro89
Virgin

damn wish i waited. Tried watching some videos to see which 1, got it down to the mongoose or Milltek. Got the Milltek, hope its not too loud! Now hopefully nothing else breaks this year. Thanks for the help
Old 09-10-2017, 01:15 PM
Rowe
Skint

I wouldn’t worry about it. The milltek is a good quality system.

With the cat still in place it’ll be pretty reasonable, they are just very loud when decatted.