Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

Map Sensor Vacuum Hose

Search this Thread

Old 20-01-2012 | 01:46 PM
gibson_85
Virgin

Default Map Sensor Vacuum Hose

i have a W reg (2000) ford focus 1.8 TDi diesel. i had a problem with the car keep cutting out as i was driving, i sent it to garage and they told me they'd fixed the problem, that was until i was driving down motorway other day and problem started again, i managed to get car home, it cut out quite a few times in this period ans i had to rev it alot at somepoints just to get it to move. i had it looked at and was told vacuum hose wasnt connected right or had a hole, i have replaced this hose but problem is still there, cant basically doesnt move 4 feet at the moment without cutting out, sometimes i only have to touch accelerator pedal and it cuts out, any ideas what the problem could still be? hose is still connected so im not sure what it could be, could i have done some damage by driving the car back when it kept cutting out? i kept going for 100 miles doing this, any help would be appreciated.