Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

Goodridge Braided Hoses

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 01:14 PM
phil_focus
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Goodridge Braided Hoses

Fitted my new set of braided hoses yesturday and replaced all fluid (including clutch) with ap600 fluid. went for a drive today and WOW what a difference it makes

don't really notice anything under light braking but medium, heavy, etc the brakes feel GREAT so a good mod in my eyes especially compared to the standard 11 year old 107k lines. i did have to make a few spacers though as the original clips weren't holding them secure as they were slightly different to oe.

oh and gunsen eezibleed, why didn't i buy one years ago
Old 06-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Sp3no
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used the eezibleed when i fitted my hoses, your right what a life saver, i been pumping the brake pedal for years like a twonk, the ezzibleed makes it almost a pleasure lol. I had the same problem with my hoses, they did not fit in the clips so i had to fit a handful of washers to get them secure you would think they would bloody fit in the first place.
Confident bracking from now on
Old 06-05-2011, 03:50 PM
phil_focus
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the eezibleed also got rid of my squeeky clutch pedal cos last time i bled the clutch i used the pedal pump and it was shit so must have had a little air in there but now its easy (ish) to do. just awkward to get t the nipple with all the crap in the way.

yeah i was rather disappointed they didn't fit 100%, i didn't have any washers the right size either so i cut up some used exhaust gaskets to fit under the clip and it worked perfectly though i will get some washers for the future. oh also the rubber attachment for the fronts was too small and popped off the shocks so a cable tie sorted that. who thought modding was easy and straight forward