Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

Looking to buy advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 29-01-2011, 03:34 PM
webba23
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy advice needed

Hi there I'm new to this forum and would appreciate some advice as I'm looking to buy and new car and can't decide what to get.

I have recently owned two imports first a Pulsar which was highly unreliable and a car I would not want to own again. The second was an Impreza Type R which unfortunately was written off when a cement mixer smashed it up for me.

I'm now torn between a newage Impreza or a Focus RS. I am swayed towards the Focus as the Impreza engines tend to give up and the bottom end requires rebuilds, something that I encountered on my Type R. What is the Focus RS like for reliability? Are they good in standard form to up the power or will it require forged internals?

The other thing I wondered about was the looks. Would it be frowned upon to alter the looks of a car like this? I have seen one with the large WRC applied and really liked the look of it.

Cheers

Matt
Old 30-01-2011, 05:37 PM
ricky_2006
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Which focus Rs first mate.

Also don't change the look of any focus Rs. Will only end up looking shit and boy racer look to it. And no one wants that bruv
Old 30-01-2011, 05:47 PM
webba23
Virgin

Sorry should have been more specific I'm looking at the mk1 no way I can afford the mk2.

I thought that may be the case. I like the standard looks anyhow.

Done a bit of reading on them and I'm really up for getting one now. Are they easy to up the power on. I'd like around 300 but really want it to be reliable and ideally not looking to spend a fortune but at the same time not looking to do it the cheap way and just turn up the boost.