Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

Ford Focus Central Locking Problem

Search this Thread

Old 28-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Ber
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Focus Central Locking Problem

Hi all - hopefully someone can help me with a problem that has developed on my V reg Ford Focus.

Remote locking on the key fob doesn't work so I started to lock the door by using the key in the drivers lock which was fine, but tonight that has stopped working as well and now I can't lock any of the doors - it seems to lock and then unlock itself again straight away

I suspect a trip to the garage is in order, but is there anything I can try myself to fix it (or even identify exactly what/where the problem is?)
Old 28-09-2010, 08:58 PM
jason78
Virgin

hi mate get on your back in the drivers footwell and locate the central locking module thats on the right (door side) and then pull the 2 multi plugs out and wait between 30-60mins plug back in and it should of reset it itself if not maybe its the battery in the key..

this worked for me on my recent estate purchase
Old 28-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Ber
Virgin

Thanks jason - will give that a go.

Have been out again and tried to lock the doors using the inside handle lock doodah - can get the back doors to lock but the front doors won't so could it be something to do with the locks themselves not "engaging" properly and thus not allowing the central locking to do its thing?
Old 28-09-2010, 09:06 PM
jason78
Virgin

i honestly dont no mate,this is the 1st focus ive had and didnt check at the time whether central locking worked as it was an ebay buy.i could lock it up from the drivers side but had to go round to the passengers to unlock lol,so did a bit of web surfing and found a few topics on here.

and the siemens module trick was the 1st i tried and it worked for me..hope it works