Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

sony mp3

Old 03-09-2010, 12:28 PM
ecraigy
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sony mp3

hi all just wondering if any one can give me the answer on how i can enable the telephone on the sony mp3 player i have the bluetooth module fitted which i found already in my car and connected to my stereo so when the phone rings player cuts out and i can answer and hear through my speakers in car i notice theres buttons with green phone red phone and also phone which when pressed just mutes radio also if accessing menu theres nothing for bluetooth on there can these be enabled to dial out on radio by going to ford does anyone know if this is the case how much all help appreciated
cheers in advance
Old 09-09-2010, 10:15 PM
chris cdti
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Is it a factoryfit telephone set up or is there a nokia type phone holder fitted on the dash?
A factory bluetooth setup on the late focus has voice control. On the volume control near the steering wheel there will be a small button on the top with "voice" beneath it. If you do not have that you will not have the foctory set up. Also if you press one of the phone buttons on the head unit and it says "mute" this is also an indication of the phone set up not being present. As if it does have it when you press the green button it will say "no phone" or "no phone detected" until you bond a mobile phone to the head unit.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:16 PM
ecraigy
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi
thanks for reply in answer no its not factory fit when i purchased the car i found behind one of the panels a bluetooth module with antenna and mic which was not connected to my stereo at the time but all the loom was there so i just connected up connected to this module was a nokia button which controls the volume of call through speakers and ends the call when finshed the sony stereo i brought from ebay so i was just wondering if the sony stereo can be enabled at all