Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

Wideband Lambda location FRS

Search this Thread

Old 19-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Irish aRSe
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wideband Lambda location FRS

Bought an Innovate LM-2. Thinkin bout where to put the bung for the wideband lambda sensor so was going to drill a hole bout 12" downstream of the turbo and weld it in but can i remove/disconnect the rear Lambda and screw in the wideband in this location???

The wideband is not a permanent installation, i am only using it to check the AFR and datalog. Once everything is confirmed ok will remove it and install the standard rear O2 sensor again.

I suppose my questions are:
1. Are they the same thread type???
2. Will i do any damage to the engine by disconnecting the standard rear O2 sensor???
3. The rear O2 is quite far back from the turbo probably a good 36" will this be too far back to give an accurate reading using the wideband lambda???

I presume the rear O2 sensor is purely for confirming that the CAT is operating correctly whereas the front O2 sensor is used for AFR closed loop monitoring in steady state. Thanks
Old 19-07-2010, 11:26 AM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

Originally Posted by Irish aRSe
Bought an Innovate LM-2. Thinkin bout where to put the bung for the wideband lambda sensor so was going to drill a hole bout 12" downstream of the turbo and weld it in but can i remove/disconnect the rear Lambda and screw in the wideband in this location???

The wideband is not a permanent installation, i am only using it to check the AFR and datalog. Once everything is confirmed ok will remove it and install the standard rear O2 sensor again.

I suppose my questions are:
1. Are they the same thread type???
2. Will i do any damage to the engine by disconnecting the standard rear O2 sensor???
3. The rear O2 is quite far back from the turbo probably a good 36" will this be too far back to give an accurate reading using the wideband lambda???

I presume the rear O2 sensor is purely for confirming that the CAT is operating correctly whereas the front O2 sensor is used for AFR closed loop monitoring in steady state. Thanks
the lm1 has 2 outputs that can boath be switched to eva give out a narrow band output or wideband.

if you leave the standard sensor disconected it will bring the engine light on.

it states in the innovate instructions that the sensor must be mounted up stream of the cat or you wont get good readings.

if i was you i would fit the sensor into the exaust system upstream of the cat and then use the other output of the unit and conect it to the sensor wire of your car loom as this will give the car the required date it expects to see from standard sensor. or as per the instructions
Old 19-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Irish aRSe
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Have a Decat pipe fitted and a DS remap so no need to worry bout the rear O2 coming on. Don't plan on making it a permanent install which is why i was gonna use the rear O2 bung if its the same thread???
Anyway i'll find out tomorrow as i'm droppin down the pipe and i'll report back.

cheeRS