Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

Any news on the new FRS?

Search this Thread

Old 15-02-2008, 07:37 PM
monkey nutz
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any news on the new FRS?

I've not heard anything for a few weeks now, and I've been told there's a load of new pictures doing the rounds? (in nuts etc)

Hopefully the Haters, who are still refusing to acknowledge the car, won't ruin the thread - you lot send me to
Old 16-02-2008, 12:36 PM
NickB
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like we eill have to wait until the motorshow in May time to get anymore update

All I've seen are photoshopped ST with the RS badge on in various magazines
Old 16-02-2008, 02:16 PM
AlexRS2782

Ford themselves confirmed in their original press release that technical details of the car wont be announced until nearer the time the car is due to go into production.

Think an actual physical prototype shell isnt due until the motorshow later this year as Nick says.

At the moment the only pics doing the rounds in the mags are the usual photoshops created by various magazines of what they "think" it will look like
Old 16-02-2008, 05:22 PM
monkey nutz

Any of you guys gonna upgrade to one when they come out, or will you stay with what you've got now?
Old 16-02-2008, 05:59 PM
AlexRS2782

If it does come to fruition then i'll deffo go & have a look / consider one but .............................. tbh i think the price that it will generally expect to retail for will put the car out of most peoples reach if its £25k+ for a fwd hatch

Bear in mind that by 2009 with the way things are going the government will have probably overloaded the tax on most cars based on performance, how they pollute, etc and you could easily end up spending near to £30k for one & at that £££ people would probably look at other cars
Old 16-02-2008, 07:50 PM
monkey nutz

Originally Posted by AlexRS2782
If it does come to fruition then i'll deffo go & have a look / consider one but .............................. tbh i think the price that it will generally expect to retail for will put the car out of most peoples reach if its £25k+ for a fwd hatch

Bear in mind that by 2009 with the way things are going the government will have probably overloaded the tax on most cars based on performance, how they pollute, etc and you could easily end up spending near to £30k for one & at that £££ people would probably look at other cars
So very true I heard someone saying that this is the last generation of petrol hot-hatches