Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

please please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 06:17 PM
browncossyDan
Trumpets!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please please help!!

hello people. sold my cossie a couple of months ago and got a focus rs and i love it but now im in desperate need of some help!! i ithought my starter motor was on its way out as i had trouble starting my car, i pushed the start button and nothing happened until pushing it a few times then all was ok apart from it sounded like the starter motor was making a funny noise every time i started it then wednesday it did it again only wouldnt do anything until i bump started it. ive had the starter motor changed by my mate but it still does nothing and im really stuck now. the start button is working and the relay i think is for the sarter motor seems to be working ok. it bump starts fine so has got to be somthing in the starter motor circuit. does anyone have any ideas please?? cheers fellas.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:04 PM
monkey nutz
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: please please help!!

Originally Posted by browncossyDan
hello people. sold my cossie a couple of months ago and got a focus rs and i love it but now im in desperate need of some help!! i ithought my starter motor was on its way out as i had trouble starting my car, i pushed the start button and nothing happened until pushing it a few times then all was ok apart from it sounded like the starter motor was making a funny noise every time i started it then wednesday it did it again only wouldnt do anything until i bump started it. ive had the starter motor changed by my mate but it still does nothing and im really stuck now. the start button is working and the relay i think is for the sarter motor seems to be working ok. it bump starts fine so has got to be somthing in the starter motor circuit. does anyone have any ideas please?? cheers fellas.
Sounds stupid, but you have checked the battery right? I had an Astra GTE 16 valve with exactly the same problem many moons ago, I changed the stater motor too, but it turned out the battery was faulty.

Worth a check, otherwise get a good auto sparky to have a look.