Ford Focus Diesel This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Diesel Range.

2007 1.8 TDCI start issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 08:48 AM
Mr Sam
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 1.8 TDCI start issue

Wow don't think I've been on the forum in nearly 10 years, After years away from Fords i bought a Focus back in August and had nothing but problems with it first did it after being sat for a few days in Wales, RAC came out cracked a few injector pipes and thought it was just air getting in the fuel on a union also aid glow plugs are showing a fault. So back home i got it in at a garage had new glow plugs and a new union on the injector pipe. Still exactly the same so it went back and had a new fuel filter they had a nightmare bleeding the fuel through again but had it started then it sat in the garage for 3 days and started fine.

Next morning exactly the same takes 10 or so attempts and a load of easy start to get the engine to fire once its warm it will fire up okay, If i leave it in the workshop at work where its heated it starts fine, park it outside for the 10 hour shift and it won't start. Ive just this morning found the EGR to be stuck half open so I'm going to blank that off but is there any point trying a camshaft sensor / crank sensor I've seen them mentioned a few times.

Im on the verge of scrapping the car because it also has a gearbox fault but if i could get the engine reliably starting it would be worth sorting that.

Last edited by Mr Sam; 11-11-2020 at 08:49 AM.
Old 20-11-2020, 08:07 PM
Mr Sam
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well blocking off the EGR seems to have totally cured it car has started first time every time even after leaving it sat for a few days. Wish i had taken a few pictures to try and explain what to look for but this video is the one that made me look.