Ford Focus Diesel This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Diesel Range.

Focus 1.8 TDCi Mk 1.5 - vibration under load

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Gregr68
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Focus 1.8 TDCi Mk 1.5 - vibration under load

Guys, apologies if this has been covered before but its my 2nd time on here and just need some more help.

I still have a 1.8 TDCI on a Mk1.5, but its now developed a strange noise/vibration when the car is put into gear once warm.

My logic thought that it might be a gearbox or clutch problem, but the clutch has a couple of mil on both sides before the rivets and the noise is constant through all gears once warm.

If you start up there is nothing unusual and the engine runs as well as ever regardless of rev's. The noise isnt disk or pad related as its still there once both have been removed. Once you start moving the noise/ vibration occurs and gradually gets worse as the temperature increases.

If the box is removed, there seems to be a lot of play in all directions between the clutch plate to the DMF, but not sure if this is standard as I've never had a look at one before.

So any ideas as to what might be causing the vibration (which is felt mainly through the passenger footwell)?

Cheers

Greg