Ford Focus (All Models) This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Range that doesnt belong in the seperate ST & RS sections..

Ford Focus instrument cluster/Vss (speed sensor)

Search this Thread

Old 20-09-2013, 04:47 PM
kernowmagic1976
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Focus instrument cluster/Vss (speed sensor)

I have a problem with my mk1 ford focus 1.6 zetec estate. I bought the car back in January this year but it started having problems with the speedometer basically you would drive along and the speedometer would drop to zero and the lcd display would go to dashes then the volume of the radio would drop too. Then after a while the volume would then go back to normal on the radio and shortly after the speedometer would work again and the millage would show in the lcd panel. I looked all over the internet and thought it was the vss ( speed sensor ) I bought one off ebay and got my mechanic to replace it. I thought this would sort the problem but now the speedometer is jumpy after about 30 mph. I told my mechanic and he said that the vss sensor I got was not a genuine part. I ordered a genuine vss senor and had it fitted and now the speedometer works fine untill 60mph then goes jumpy. I am now at a loss can anybody help please?

Last edited by kernowmagic1976; 20-09-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 24-10-2013, 05:12 PM
kernowmagic1976
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update. My reverse gear had gone as in would not reverse just kept crunching and popping back out. The garage said I had to have a replacement gearbox and once that was replaced the speedometer on the instrument cluster is now working correctly cant help thinking maybe these were linked. Thought I would let you guys know just in case you face a similar symptoms on your ford focus.