Ford Focus (All Models) This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Range that doesnt belong in the seperate ST & RS sections..

02 focus zetec 2.0 loss of power

Search this Thread

Old 26-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Jdizzil
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 focus zetec 2.0 loss of power

Ho guys. I bought my focus about a month ago everything was fine then after the first week I got into the car after it had been left overnight and drove it for about 2 minutes and then the revs died and I lost power and stalled. I left it for 10 mins, started it up again and it was fine. I took it back to the garage where I bought it from and they had it for 2 days and gave it a drive out and said it was fine and just keep the petrol above 1 quarter of a tank. I didn't I let the tank get empty and the fuel light came on I filled up and it was still fine. Now about 3 weeks later I had been out in the car all day, coverd about 100 miles, was travelling down a A road at about 65 and it happend again. No warning light just a loss of power forcing me to pull over and stop. I called the AA, when they arrived he plugged in his computer and it it came up clear. The car was ok again and he followed me home to make sure. Took it back to the garage and that said they checked the MAF and filters and pump and they said it was ok and the car was working. Now there is obviously a problem with something on the car and I'm worried it will happen again on a busy road and it would be quite dangerous.

Does anyone else have this problem or a possible solution????

Thanks a lot.

PS. Other than this the car is fine and I'm loving it ( a lot better than the old saxo I had) I would prefer not to have to sell / px the car as I really like it and chanced are it will be a simple fix, sods law!
Old 27-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Jdizzil
Virgin

33 views and no replies, come on guys.....
Old 27-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Leeproc
V6 Cougar 2

Sounds strange. Hard to tell if the computer isnt even picking up an error. Give it a service and see how it is. Also do you put fuel in from the ame garage? My friends audi had problems like once and it turned out to be dodgy fuel.
Old 27-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Jdizzil
Virgin

Gonna service it on wedensday, the second time it happened was after I filled up at a different station and used 1/4 of a tank, I'll see how the service goes, fingers crossed. It just annoying me cos there's no warning it just happens, and seams it could happen when ever
Old 27-05-2013, 09:32 PM
tavioman
Virgin

Same problem here. It's driving me crazy.