Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Fuel pressure (stress)

Search this Thread

Old 22-04-2012, 10:19 AM
throttle jockey
Part of the Furniture

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Fuel pressure (stress)

saph 4x4 had it maped by my tuner stage 3 drove it home did about 300 miles and she was running mint, then under hi boost she started to pink very very minute only hear it in 4th-5th everything ie stnd pump filter (new) whole car just had full engine rebuild and body resto. any how befor i put the greens in when i pulled the blues off the rail the pressure was imense -
with the original fuel reg,so its pinking know so i wanted to check fuel pressure undone the reg and it dribbles out no pressure whats so ever,so i took it back to the tuner he agreed its a fuel pressure prob,he then took a fuel reg off acar at his workshop that i witnessed alot of press release when undone fitted on mine still pinking and no pressure when undone,then we fitted another new pump this time 044,i had allready orderd a graham goode 4x4 reg kit with gaege with at the time witch we then fitted this improved the fueling graph but the pressure i feel is a mysterey whilst i was there i picked up an injector fault so the tuner lent me some ???? injectors to get home now ive put greens back in and are worried that my fuel press probs are still there but because i have a adjustable one now witch is set at fuel press when i start her without the vac pipe is just over 4bar
with vac pipe on its 3.5bar
when i called tuner for fuel press setting to match map im told???????????????????//
any advise or help would be much much apreciated
i have her booked in to a local jap rolling road tomoz to see the fueling graph with the greens back inn is he going to be able to help without the mapp fuel press settings........

it is booked back in with my original tuner in a couple of weeks but iwant this sorted a bit quicker than that shes breaking my soul at the moment
Old 22-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

fuel pressure is a taj high but it should be fine at that for a base setting
3.8 without vac 3.3 with normally
you need to check the rising rate
base pressure + boost pressure is what you should get
Old 22-04-2012, 01:10 PM
throttle jockey
Part of the Furniture

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

thanks, do you think the fueL pressure could have been turned UP prior to me owning the car and i have had it maped on the fuel pressure being to hi whitch could explain the standard regs not working due to the map being incorect to standard setting of the other fuel regs we tried meaning the map ive had put on now is usless with standard fuel press or do i start again with a mapp sesion and and standard reg settings
Old 22-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

I would suggest you take it to a professional tuner