Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

WSM

Search this Thread

Old 29-12-2009 | 01:44 PM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Default WSM

I've been meaning to put a post up about this for a while but Worlds Strongest Man is showing on Bravo.

They have already shown two of the three qualifiers and I think the last one is on tonight. Then they will show the actual WSM contest.

Have a look in the planner as I have already watched the 1983 + 1985 Finals when Geoff Capes took the title from Jon-Paul Sigmarsson. There was also UK's Strongest man 2009 a Behind the Scenes programme and 30 Years of Pain. I'm only mentioning these as I'm sure being on Sky they will be repeated over and over.

Old 29-12-2009 | 01:58 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Fantastic programmes. Watching them train is insane. One of them was doing behind the neck press with some serious weight and instead of bringing it down he was just dropping it. How the fuck doesn't that hurt?

Benni.
Old 29-12-2009 | 02:03 PM
Kieron

December has been a shit month training wise for me but the break has instilled some fresh enthusiasm into me, along with eating & drinking too much shite and watching these programmes I am keen to hit the gym hard in Jan.

Well, maybe for a week or two.
Old 29-12-2009 | 03:56 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

ROFL - It's hard not to eat rubbish over Christmas.

Benni.
Old 31-12-2009 | 07:46 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

I watched that, but where was the actual proper thing that they normally show on normal tv? its all confusing

Either way ive probably missed it knowing my luck
Old 01-01-2010 | 11:56 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yeah the WSM that is on BRAVO is the real deal.

It was actually completed in october but isn't aired on UK tele till now. I wont waste who won it
Old 01-01-2010 | 03:49 PM
Kieron

They have shown the 3 qualifiers to get to wsm aready but the finals are being aired on Monday night so you haven't missed it.

I dont think channel 5 wanted the rights to it this year so its not on normal tv. The planner is currently only showing the one show for the final which is normally broken down over the heats. I really hope they dont try and cram it all in to one hour??