Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Let's talk diet

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Wazzzer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's talk diet

I know the best way to get bigger is to have a good diet. But what is a good diet?

I eat shit and I know I do but I want to eat right. I just don't don't know what foods are the best for bulking up and helping muscle growth. There are the obvious ones like chicken for protein but what else is there out there?
Old 01-01-2009, 11:27 PM
godzilla
BANNED
BANNED

Chicken, Turkey, Steak, Eggs, Milk, Bacon, Mince, Peanuts, Tuna. These are my fav' sources of protien.

On the back of any food product it will have a nutrition guide. Just make sure the fats ae low, carbs medium and protien high.

A good clean diet is cutting out the crap. Stick to good sources of protien as listed above and keep to good complex carbs like whoalgrains, rice, bread etc...... no white bread or rice though! Keep off the sugar, no sugar in tea or coffee, choc bars, fast foods, biscuits etc.

Keep your water intake high....... 8+ pints per day.

If your getting a good source of protien and carbs you will feel good and grow. A big must is to get some mixed veg in and some fruit. I eat 2 apples a day and 2 bananas. Also a good multi-vit, no Tesco's own stuff. Holland & Barrett do some good Multi-vits.

A good clean diet with training and rest will lead to looking good. It takes time but its worth it as your doing it for yourself. Lots of sports involve team work...... Bodybuilding is down to you. You put the correct foods in your mouth, train hard, rest well and you will get the benefits, no one else. When you take a before and after pic you can sit back and think 'I did that, no one else, just me and hard work'

Keep with it bud. Its January.......Give yourself a 6 month tarket!! By June you want to be looking good, then you can show off you hard work at the beach or something!
Old 02-01-2009, 01:07 AM
Modder_J
Regular Contributor

I'm trying to get a 'on-the-go' diet to start cutting the crap food out, but also trying to work out what to have.

I just found this, not sure if it helps (some members on here have posted their diet aswell):

BREAKFAST

Meat 1/4 lb
3 eggs
2 slices wheat toast
Milk or protein drink

SNACK

Cottage cheese 1/4 lb
Fruit
Milk or protein drink

LUNCH

Tuna Sandwich (6 oz tuna)
Cottage cheese 1/4 lb
Salad
Milk or protein drink

SNACK

Cheese sandwich 2 oz cheese
Milk or protein drink

DINNER

Chicken 8 oz
Baked potato
Cooked vegetable
Salad
Milk or protein drink

SNACK

2 eggs hardboiled
Fruit
Milk or protein drink
Old 02-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Wazzzer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ah how do J, how's things?

Thanks for that guys, I'll sit down and plan out what I need to be eating. I love Chicken, Turkey, Steak, Eggs, Milk, Bacon, Mince, Peanuts, Tuna (cut and paste lol) so that won't be a problem. The missus has got me eating veg, I just need to be better on the fruit side of it. My main problem is the amount of sweet stuff I eat so I'll try and cut it out starting today