Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Curry!

Old 02-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Curry!

I thought I'd share this in case there was anyone who's interested. I think it's spot on myself

Bodybuilders Low Fat Chicken Curry

Like your chicken curries? Heres a low fat bodybuilding chicken curry recipe thats packed with protein, carbs and essential fats. The directions below are for 2 servings but you can easily double the recipe if you would like to make more.

Ingredients

5 Oz boneless chicken breast
5 Cups sliced raw mushroom
1 whole red pepper
2 Cups green raw snap bean
1/4 cup canned chicken broth
1 Cups low fat yogurt
4 Tsp cornstarch
4 Tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tsp curry powder

Cooking Instructions

Take chicken breasts and cut into medium sized cubes. Grab a large non-stick deep frying pan and add the chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook the chicken in frying pan until its browned and done.

While the chicken is cooking grab another non-stick frying pan and add mushrooms, pepper, and beans with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir this mixture regularly until its soft.

Back to the first pan and add chicken broth, yogurt, curry powder, and cornstarch. Stir this mixture regularly until the sauce thickens. Increase heat if needed.

Nutritional Information

Protein: 32 grams
Carbs: 35 grams
Fat: 13 grams
Calories: 373

Serving Suggestions

This recipe makes 2 serves, so place equal amounts of the chicken and vegetable mixes in two large bowls or plates. For additional calories, you can serve with brown rice or Naan/Lebanese style bread.