Fiesta ST This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta ST Range of cars.

Fiesta ST180 HID Conversion!?

Search this Thread

Old 13-09-2015, 02:22 PM
Maxwell
Irregular Poster

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Fiesta ST180 HID Conversion!?

Had anyone here with a fiesta st2/st3 done an HID conversion, and if so where did you get it from?? Trawled through forums and ebay etc to get info and nowhere seems to do kits for them. I want the H1 main beam to be converted because driving at nighttime is absolutely shocking visually. Any help appreciated. Cheers
Old 13-09-2015, 05:31 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

So I take it this car has halogen projectors in it? You can fit HID (Xenon) bulbs in there using an aftermarket kit (such as this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xenon-HID-...item3a992b4375) which should be a simple plug and play affair with no mods needed to any wiring. Can't say I'm too familiar with the Fiesta's headlight set up - does it have two bulbs, one for dipped and one for main, or one bulb that does both?. If it's two bulbs, you'd need a kit for each bulb you want to upgrade. Be advised though that aftermarket HID ballasts are NOT the same as factory fit ones. There's a reason they cost £15 and not £500. The warm up time is the most noticeable thing, so my personal opinion is they aren't best suited to main beams. Because of the slow warm up time it's very hard to "flash" with them (like to the point that when people with aftermarket HID main beams flash, you can barely tell they're doing it in daylight unless you are looking DIRECTLY at the bulb) and 2) at night you're flicking them on an off a lot, meaning they don't get time to warm up to full brightness before you flick them off.

My advice is to change the projectors in the headlight to the bi xenon Morimoto xenon projector kit from TRS - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xenon-HID-...item3a992b4375 This will give you both dipped and low beam xenon lighting from a single projector, and assuming the Fiesta has a separate halogen bulb for main beam, you can keep the halogen bulbs in the factory place for additional lighting and flashing.