Fiesta RS1800/RS Turbo This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta RS Range of cars.

XR2i engine help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 15-01-2005, 09:37 AM
PinkLady
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XR2i engine help!!!!

Ive got an XR2i engine, gear box and absolutely everything im gonna need to transfer into my amazing 1.0 fiesta...
Now looking at it all properly, im gonna scrap the injection idea cos its far too much work for not a lot back at the end of it all.... so im gonna keep it carb.

Anyone ever done this before and know how difficult it is?
Also, will i need to buy any extra stuff to do it..?

Ta!
Old 16-01-2005, 03:26 PM
VGA

it should be straight forward, what carb you gonna put on it?
and do have alot of help with it?

what year fez is it?
Old 16-01-2005, 07:22 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ur head will have the cutouts for the injectors si u will need a blanking plate to fit a carb to the head right
u will also have issues with management, not the end of the world but i beleve the efi and the sparkie bits are linked and will mean u may want to fit a dizzy which then means buying more bits, also the cam may or maynot has the lobe for a carb fuel pump to run on (shud have but mite not)

its only a matter of changing the tank and a bit of wiring, u'd do well to keep the efi really

u can then plug in a superchip (not huge difference but worth havin) stick a filter on with a few other mods (cams and some flowing etc etc all which can be carried on to a frst conversion) 130brake is easily found and u are on a winner if you want to go to frst later too
Old 17-01-2005, 04:05 PM
PinkLady

Hi,

As you can tell im really not up with engine stuff at all!

Ive got a few people helping out and a garage near by that have said they are ready on call for advice or if worst comes to worse i can drop it in there.

I want to keep everything as simple and as quick as poss.
I dont really mind how quick it is but it needs to be reliable as i am 3 months pregnant!

I was told to just put a standard 1.6 carb on but im baffled. AL i really need is a list of wht to get and ill get it but its proving far more difficult!
Old 17-01-2005, 05:33 PM
VGA

have you thought of maybe just selling the engine you got and fitting a xr2 engine? its already carb, dunno if its more reliable but would seem the easier choice and your not concerned about speed.

i think it will work but not 100% sure tho, as i dont know what year your fez is or mk or model etc worth a think about tho.
Old 17-01-2005, 08:33 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

xr2 engine will be easier

use all xr2i water system,mounts, exhaust etc etc with the xr2 full engine

its only a couple of wires then, u'd be best off getting a section of wire from the dizzy on xr2 and mating them to the 1.1 loom but doing away with teh electronic gismos and leaving a straight dissy system
Old 18-01-2005, 07:52 AM
PinkLady

Yeah it does sound like it could be a lot easier...
Its a 1991 H plate 1.0 litre.

Gonna have to have a bit more of a think - speak to the people who are gonna help and then no doubt, ill have to get back on here ahain and ask you more questions!!!