Fiesta RS1800/RS Turbo This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta RS Range of cars.

HELP

Search this Thread

Old 27-10-2007 | 04:17 PM
madrs247
Regular Contributor

Default HELP

right,a lot of u have said to fit the s2 rad due to being unable to by a new fezzer rad

ive bought one,and the double core cooler,but what a twat to fit

have any of u lot got any pics with the s2 rads fitted with cooler,and what did u have to do to get it sorted

cheers
stu
Old 28-10-2007 | 12:43 AM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

iv cut the back out of the bumper and put a long universal one in behind it with pipe work going to where i need it the reason your having trouble is that the cooler now fits too far forword because the rad is in the way your other choice is to put a standard cooler back in mate so its thiner
Old 29-10-2007 | 03:43 PM
frsjon
Advanced PassionFord User

hello mate any luck with the fitting??? there is a bit of work to fit them but it will be worth it once in.....i have no pics at mo or camera ....ill see what i can do...
Old 29-10-2007 | 07:17 PM
madrs247
Regular Contributor

well,ive got the cooooonts in now,it dont look TOO bad,but a need to get the welder out of the garage and fit some brackets to keep the rad sitting forward as to miss the actuator and tubby

ended up cutting the front panel down about 15mm and had to cut a gap in the lower slam panel(x mamber) to allow fitment of the bracket on the rad

ill get pics 2morro,but even though its all fitted the fooker overheasts like fook

i HAVE change the thermostat and fanswitch,but fan dont come on-yes it does work)
dont seem 2 be pressure in the top rad pipe

cars off the road AGAIN
Old 29-10-2007 | 08:49 PM
frsjon
Advanced PassionFord User

sorry mate ,feel guilty mentioning the s2 rad....maybe holding out longer for a fiesta one would of been better....would there be any chance of air being trapped in the rad?? there a bit off a bitch to bleed as there nothing to bleed from... ..
Old 29-10-2007 | 11:07 PM
madrs247
Regular Contributor

i have no fookin idea mate

its overheating like a biatch,i have no heaters inside,found more rot in the floor pans and im getting peeved off now

i wanted to be able to drive the ar BEFORE stripping the fooker