Concours d'élégance. The section dedicated to those who like things pristione and shiny. Buftys in other words.

focus rs polishing

Search this Thread

Old 27-05-2010, 04:58 PM
JamboRS
focus rs 1672

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default focus rs polishing

got myself a megs polisher and need help in what pads,polish and wax to buy.
theres so much to choose from its getting me confused,so anyone any idea what pads,polish and wax i need that compliments the imperial blue paint the best.paintwork has very light swirls which can be seen in the sunlight so would ideally like something abrasive enough to get them out.
my procedure for washing is as follows

rinse
wash(2 bucket method)
rinse
clay
rinse
megs paint cleaner (what pad do i need)
what polish with what pad?
poorboys blackhole( what pad do i need)
what wax with what pad
megs quick detailer

any info appreciated
Old 27-05-2010, 05:58 PM
rs_si
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For pads I found 'gloss it' pads to the best. They say you should use the lightest cut pad you can get away with. I used just a 'polishing pad' with Menzerna 203s and was quite pleased with the results. I might try a 'light cut' pad next time though.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...ds-polish.html

Seems you have a good choice of polishes and wax's already. I want to get poorboy's black hole polish for my car, and also the natty's paste wax to go on top. I would apply these by hand using a microfibre applicator and then buff off with lots of clean microfibre cloths.
Old 28-05-2010, 04:27 PM
JamboRS
focus rs 1672

Originally Posted by rs_si
For pads I found 'gloss it' pads to the best. They say you should use the lightest cut pad you can get away with. I used just a 'polishing pad' with Menzerna 203s and was quite pleased with the results. I might try a 'light cut' pad next time though.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...ds-polish.html

Seems you have a good choice of polishes and wax's already. I want to get poorboy's black hole polish for my car, and also the natty's paste wax to go on top. I would apply these by hand using a microfibre applicator and then buff off with lots of clean microfibre cloths.
cheers mate

you still your old car as your sig,i was the one that came down and bought your old shell with my mate,never again will i travel that far for a shell
Old 28-05-2010, 04:54 PM
rs_si
PassionFord Regular

Ah so it was you that ended up with it. That was a bit of a mission for you guys to drive in one day! What did you do with the shell in the end? After I sold all the bits I stopped coming on the board until recently.
Old 28-05-2010, 05:19 PM
JamboRS
focus rs 1672

Originally Posted by rs_si
Ah so it was you that ended up with it. That was a bit of a mission for you guys to drive in one day! What did you do with the shell in the end? After I sold all the bits I stopped coming on the board until recently.
it was a 16hr round trip with no sleep,never again

my mate built the car up then swapped it for a bike,just lost interest,could have strangled him when he said he was swapping it
Old 28-05-2010, 09:19 PM
rs_si
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by JamboRS
it was a 16hr round trip with no sleep,never again

my mate built the car up then swapped it for a bike,just lost interest,could have strangled him when he said he was swapping it
I do miss that car now! I haven't had a turbo'd car since, but I'm hoping to get a mk1 focus RS in the future. Will look forward to seeing any pics of your one after your machine polish!

Si
Old 29-05-2010, 04:19 PM
EADetailing

If you want the swirls removed,go for hexlogic pads and menzerna polish,what a combination!!! once that has sorted the swirls out,apply poorboys blackhole on a polish pad,after this id apply collinite 815 or collinite 476,personal preference is 476 for me,the results will be amazing!! I assume you do know how to apply the compounds polishes etc?It is easy to make your paint look worse with compound marring/buffer trails etc if you duno what your doing.Cheers.

Trending Topics

Old 30-05-2010, 10:23 AM
JamboRS
focus rs 1672

Originally Posted by EADetailing
If you want the swirls removed,go for hexlogic pads and menzerna polish,what a combination!!! once that has sorted the swirls out,apply poorboys blackhole on a polish pad,after this id apply collinite 815 or collinite 476,personal preference is 476 for me,the results will be amazing!! I assume you do know how to apply the compounds polishes etc?It is easy to make your paint look worse with compound marring/buffer trails etc if you duno what your doing.Cheers.
what menzerna polish do you recommend?
never used a DA polisher before mate so its going to be trial and error,but am a quick learner