Concours d'élégance. The section dedicated to those who like things pristione and shiny. Buftys in other words.

Mercury Grey Sapph, freshly painted

Search this Thread

Old 24-05-2008, 10:23 AM
BigErn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mercury Grey Sapph, freshly painted

Im not usually the bufty type but I like to keep a clean car, 6 years as a valeter has kinda worn off on me and it irritates me to have a dirty car.

Anyway Im in process of doing a full shoot on my Cossie and I want the paintwork to stay looking really deep and glossy. Im not fussed about having this product and that one and having to clean in about 10 stages. I rinse first, wash the car with a wash mitt, sponge the wheels off, rinse and leather with a clean Flunkey. Thats my usual washing procedure and I will keep using that.

While I was valeting I used any products that were at hand and most of them good enough for me, AutoSmart were the suplliers for everything. Now I still have access to AutoSmart stuff as I know the sales lad and he pops round my bodyshop now and again and I use their Platinum polish on jobs and would happily use it on mine but I thought Id ask if there are any better polishes/wax I can use on my own car and not break the bank? Im happy paying £16 for 5L of Platinum but will pay a little more for my Cossie.

As I said Im no detailer/bufty but I like a nice clean car and Im always willing to listen to advice and options.

Cheers folks.
Old 24-05-2008, 10:30 AM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

iv got loads of dimond bright if you want sum
Old 24-05-2008, 10:31 AM
BigErn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive got shitloads of it too and Supaguard mate. It used to find its way home with me for years