Concours d'élégance. The section dedicated to those who like things pristione and shiny. Buftys in other words.

Cleaning Regime - Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 07:30 PM
mfernott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning Regime - Opinions?

So, new Fiesta coming later this week/early next, and as this is the first new car I've ever owned, I'm bloody well excited.

I've decided I'm going to take proper care of this car and the way I clean it so this is the regime I'm planning - and I would appreciate some feedback from people who know much more than me

1. Rinse All Over
2. Wash with a Sheepskin Wash Mitt with Triplewax Shampoo
3. Dry with Poorboys Waffle Weave Towel
4. Polish with Poorboys Polish with Carnauba Blue
5. Wax with Poorboys Natty's Paste Blue

Also a good helping of Poorboys Wheel Sealant every few months.

Just a question - if I use a wheel brush will this remove the sealant and mean I have to reapply the sealant evry time? If this is the case, what would you recommend to clean the wheels with?

Thanks
Martin
Old 12-06-2007, 07:24 PM
markhinton
Part of the Furniture

Urmmm I don't think a brush will remove the sealant, but I can see what you mean as they're quite rough.

Try a soft brush, AG do one - or even a mitt if you don't already use one? Megs white one (MF) is quite good for tough jobs

Oh, and try drying them and spraying with a bit of QD, this will help top up protection but it won't last as long as it won't withstand brake dust heat.

Mark
Old 13-06-2007, 01:11 PM
EssexBoyRacer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Couple of comments (but Im no professional!)

Maybe start with foaming the car with a jet wash if you have one (you can get foamin guns for normal hoses if you dont). This will losen the main big dirt particles, then jet wash off as much as you can.

Wash using the two bucket method using your sheepskin mitt. Two bucket method stops you from reapplying dirt to the car each time you rinse out your mitt.

Dont use a sheepskin / lambswool mit on rough areas like arches and wheels - you'll destory it - use a microfibre one.

Maybe clay the car if needed? (probably with a light clay)

Also perhaps consider a pure sealent before waxing? Poorboys Ex-P or Ex.

Then inbetween major washes like that use a detailer (which you can also use a a lubricant for the clay) to keep it clean.