Computers, Consoles and I.T. Post all computer related chat in here for our I.T techies to help with. Please be aware that any discussions related to piracy will be removed and render the member liable to a possible ban. Piracy renders PassionFord Admin liable for prosecution, as well as its members.

jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1?

Search this Thread

Old 28-11-2011, 08:20 AM
john_p_b
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1?

i've upgraded to a 4s leaving my old 3gs sat at home but my wife wants the phone. she's on orange and the phone is locked to o2, am i right in thinking jailbreaking it will unlock it's network too?

i always fancied jailbreaking it when i was using it but was too scared incase i shafted it and was left with no phone but now it's not essential anymore i'm tempted!

any advise on jailbreaking the phone? i'm no I.T. geek but can find my way around things with a few pointers.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Hockney
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have been with o2 for a while they will unlock the phone for you. Fill out the form and they'll text you when they've unlocked it

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?...locking%20Form
Old 02-12-2011, 05:44 PM
cosevo
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as far as i know its only a tethered jailbreak for 5.0 at the moment, meaning the phone needs to be connected to the computer if it is switched off, or the battery dies for it to reboot properly