Computers, Consoles and I.T. Post all computer related chat in here for our I.T techies to help with. Please be aware that any discussions related to piracy will be removed and render the member liable to a possible ban. Piracy renders PassionFord Admin liable for prosecution, as well as its members.

PC Guru's - Help with windows blue screen of death.

Search this Thread

Old 16-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Paynee
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PC Guru's - Help with windows blue screen of death.

I am having issues with occassional blue screen of deaths on a couple of systems and was wondering if any of you could help shed some light on what is causing it. The OS is Windows XP Embedded and a screen shot of each of the two errors is below. Note these are on two seperate machines, i am getting 2 or 3 of these a week, always the same message on the respective machine.

Cheers

Old 16-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Ginge
www.virtualseason.net

The driver not less to or equal is a problem with a driver somewhere i should imagine, i recently had this happen to me on a two day old machine after installing a windows update, went back did a system restore to before the update and it's been fine ever since...

Unfortunately without being infront of the actual machine it's hard to try and diagnose the cause and rectumfy the problem..

Ginge
Old 16-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Paynee
Regular Contributor

could connecting the system to the net and seeing if it brings any windows updates possibly solve it? the system is a machine HMI so is never connected to the internet.

or is there anything you could suggest i could check that could give me more information?
Old 17-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Ginge
www.virtualseason.net

I'd have a go at updating drivers for the main things like motherboard, graphics card, sound card that sort of thing...

Hope this helps in someway!

Ginge
Old 17-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Ash170990
Focus RS 0268

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the top one, the 8E error is like the most generic error ever lol for that i would reccomend testing the memory.... if you download memtest http://www.memtest.org/ and burn it to a CD, boot from the CD and let it run, if it finds any errors replace the memory, if not see if it sorts it after updating the drivers.....

If your still having problems try a repair install if problems still after that format and start again from scratch, if still having problems its more than likley the motherboard faild....