Computers, Consoles and I.T. Post all computer related chat in here for our I.T techies to help with. Please be aware that any discussions related to piracy will be removed and render the member liable to a possible ban. Piracy renders PassionFord Admin liable for prosecution, as well as its members.

Modern Warfare 2 Players... Be warned!!!

Search this Thread

Old 19-01-2011, 05:18 PM
FletchCossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is making money and monopolising the Market, didn't Microsoft have to sell half their company cause of it at one point? If the PS3 failed as a console do you thin XBOX would of gone wireless? Of course not, more money selling the add-ons.

I agree everyone has their own view, but more XBOX people try to push their views onto others and Microsoft are shit IMO
Old 19-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Hockney
Advanced PassionFord User

Heard about whats happening with MW2 and the sad part is that IW/Activision will do nothing about it so thats it ruined for good I was on playing last week for a few games and thankfully no issues but I'd be gutted if some wee twat deranked me from Prestige 10 to 1
Old 19-01-2011, 05:47 PM
syko2005
burning oil

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FletchCossie
There is making money and monopolising the Market, didn't Microsoft have to sell half their company cause of it at one point? If the PS3 failed as a console do you thin XBOX would of gone wireless? Of course not, more money selling the add-ons.

I agree everyone has their own view, but more XBOX people try to push their views onto others and Microsoft are shit IMO
I wouldnt say microsoft have monopolised the market to be honest. I also dont no anything about microsoft selling half the company but then again i dont follow that sort of news so cant comment.
All i no is i prefer the xbox as a games console.
Im speaking from experience as ive owned both ive also just had a few fantastic games on modern warefare with no hacking glitches or any dodgy shit that goes on ps3

I guess its the advantage of owning a superior console and paying for the online gaming
Old 19-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your trying to say the xbox has no issues online then your full of shit, there are loads of glitches that can be done in games on the xbox just like they do on ps3,and it also gets lag problems and other issues
Old 19-01-2011, 06:21 PM
syko2005
burning oil

Originally Posted by RETRO_AL_
If your trying to say the xbox has no issues online then your full of shit, there are loads of glitches that can be done in games on the xbox just like they do on ps3,and it also gets lag problems and other issues
just winding people up to be honest mate people seem to get uptight on these subjects
Its like the old iphone/android threads that pop up now and again.......
We all no the iphone deep down is 10000000000 times better
same with xbox and ps3
we all no which is the better one
Old 19-01-2011, 06:22 PM
FletchCossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by syko2005
owning a superior console
and that's the problem with xbox owners
Old 19-01-2011, 06:29 PM
syko2005
burning oil

and that's the problem with xbox owners
ok im bored now il get my coat

i still think deep down all you ps3 owners wish you had a 360 so you could play modern warfare properly tho
Old 19-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

Modern warfare is so last year,get with the times
Old 19-01-2011, 07:41 PM
FletchCossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

@ Al

I've got 5 360's right in front of me that I could take home/use at anytime, I will stick to the 4 1/2 PS3's I actually own
Old 19-01-2011, 08:32 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Im livid last week i got prestiged by some little fucking wanker i managed to get back to level 32 & some little prick has done it again unlocking every challange fior every gun / care package etc fucking dickheads thats 2 full levels i have went up
Old 19-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Mk4 Lew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

It's stupid mate but some fun we had
Old 19-01-2011, 09:37 PM
SteveW
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was going to have a go on mw2, is it fooked for good now?
Old 19-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Mk4 Lew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

No it's sorted matey just be carefully cos there is some people that will do stiff if you ask them to
Old 19-01-2011, 09:41 PM
SteveW
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice 1, might put it on in a bit
Old 19-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Mk4 Lew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

No probes matey if your in a stupid game just leave and go in a different lobby
Old 19-01-2011, 10:05 PM
FletchCossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If your having issues with hacking on MW2 if you can get the username of the person using it and report it to Sony via this link: https://secure.eu.playstation.com/ps...ief-reporting/

You will need to be signed in for the link to work. Just select the first game on the list and if you have the username type that in, if not just type UNSURE and put your complaint in

Last edited by FletchCossie; 19-01-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Old 19-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Mk4 Lew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sound matey
Old 20-01-2011, 04:18 AM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

There is making money and monopolizing the Market, didn't Microsoft have to sell half their company cause of it at one point? If the PS3 failed as a console do you thin XBOX would of gone wireless? Of course not, more money selling the add-ons.

No they didn't. What they had to do was separate the Windows and Office divisions and break out Internet Explorer from Windows because it was classed as a monopoly in the antitrust suits waged against Microsoft for years. There was mention of them having to sell off assets, but this has not happened as the regulators are happier with the new separated divisions.

I'm not going to get into the needless PS3 vs XBOX debate except to say from what I have read, the hacking on PSN is because of the private encryption keys ending up in the public domain which a lot of games used for security. Black Ops I believe isn't affected as it uses additional security methods to prevent the hacking.

As for profit making, isn't that what all businesses do, even Sony with the free PSN. I do think that Microsoft make the better online experience (they make you pay for it, there is an incentive to keep making it work well and improve it). And they have the gadget of the year (in sales and popularity), the Kinect. Its a brilliant design and works really well for games, voice control and video calling.

Sony, makes brilliant hardware and then screws it up with crappy software and restrictions. They always have, and most likely always will. I love my Sony Bravia, but bugger buying a PS3 again
Old 20-01-2011, 05:54 AM
Eagle
Super Moderator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

moved to correct room
Old 20-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What a load of shit that is! Does even list any of the Call of duty games! Useless!
Old 20-01-2011, 09:17 AM
FletchCossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by collierm
No they didn't. What they had to do was separate the Windows and Office divisions and break out Internet Explorer from Windows because it was classed as a monopoly in the antitrust suits waged against Microsoft for years. There was mention of them having to sell off assets, but this has not happened as the regulators are happier with the new separated divisions.

I'm not going to get into the needless PS3 vs XBOX debate except to say from what I have read, the hacking on PSN is because of the private encryption keys ending up in the public domain which a lot of games used for security. Black Ops I believe isn't affected as it uses additional security methods to prevent the hacking.

As for profit making, isn't that what all businesses do, even Sony with the free PSN. I do think that Microsoft make the better online experience (they make you pay for it, there is an incentive to keep making it work well and improve it). And they have the gadget of the year (in sales and popularity), the Kinect. Its a brilliant design and works really well for games, voice control and video calling.

Sony, makes brilliant hardware and then screws it up with crappy software and restrictions. They always have, and most likely always will. I love my Sony Bravia, but bugger buying a PS3 again
So instead of selling the company they divided it into 3 sections Because they were monopolising the Market? Only bit I got wrong is they never sold it

Was you aware of a similar hack on the 360 when MW2 was released? Apparently Infinity Ward are blaming Sony's security issue as they have no idea how to fix this problem. If it was a Sony security issue would All of Sony's own made games not be effected? If it was a popularity thing then Black Ops would of been hacked instead of MW2 as currently more people play Black Ops from what I've seen.

If Sony charged Ł40 per year per user to use the online service then I'm sure it would be as good/better than the 360, but as they have chosen to keep it free for the first 5 years shows they are more interested in customer satisfaction/increased sales than Microsofts profit margins. Microsoft are the richest company in the world? Why not use that and do something for the consumer instead of releasing a console and selling a part to make wireless for Ł60 more. Every business needs to make profit that's obvious, but that's like me charging you to fit a washing machine, then charging you for a plug to work it. You would be a pissed and expect it to come with a plug?

I got bored of the Kinect, but that's cause I'm lazy it has it's flaws for example you need a lot of space to use it and it's quite hard to use for the first few hours till you get your hand positioning exactly correct. Just like the Wii and Playstation Move game limitations are a problem.

I have and always will say the 360 is better at gaming cause that's what it's built for and the PS3 is built for entertainment. What annoys me is the attitude of XBOX owners and their "Superior machine" which is not superior, just slightly better at what it's designed to do as the PS3 is better at what that is designed to do!

Smit, list the first game and send a complaint to them. They don't list MW games as they don't make them I think, but if people start sending complaints to Sony maybe something will get done?

Last edited by FletchCossie; 20-01-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 20-01-2011, 09:59 AM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

So instead of selling the company they divided it into 3 sections Because they were monopolising the Market? Only bit I got wrong is they never sold it

Was you aware of a similar hack on the 360 when MW2 was released?
No I wasn't aware of that. But due to the wonders of Google, I am now

Apparently Infinity Ward are blaming Sony's security issue as they have no idea how to fix this problem. If it was a Sony security issue would All of Sony's own made games not be effected? If it was a popularity thing then Black Ops would of been hacked instead of MW2 as currently more people play Black Ops from what I've seen.
Not sure. I'm trying to find the article that states if game designers ONLY used the one form of security offered on PSN (private key encryption), then they were susceptible to the hacks. However, if the additional methods were used, the games were safe, which is why Black Ops is OK as the CEO of ID said that they employed the additional security measures and would do in all future releases. I would imagine Sony have utilised the other security options already which is why they aren't susceptible.

If Sony charged Ł40 per year per user to use the online service then I'm sure it would be as good/better than the 360, but as they have chosen to keep it free for the first 5 years shows they are more interested in customer satisfaction/increased sales than Microsofts profit margins.
I don't agree with that. Sony could be building up the userbase and then making it pay to use. Who knows. Microsoft went into it knowing they wanted to make money off it and built it that way. Not sure why that is bad thing and customer satisfaction isn't any less a concern. If anything it makes it more because if the customer walks, Microsoft loses a revenue stream.

Microsoft are the richest company in the world?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ies_by_revenue
Not even close 115th on the list.

Why not use that and do something for the consumer instead of releasing a console and selling a part to make wireless for Ł60 more. Every business needs to make profit that's obvious, but that's like me charging you to fit a washing machine, then charging you for a plug to work it. You would be a pissed and expect it to come with a plug?
Again it comes down to business. XBOX live has turned into a billion pound a year business for MS. They would be nuts to give it away for free. There was some very good long term thinking and planning went into the service.

I have and always will say the 360 is better at gaming cause that's what it's built for and the PS3 is built for entertainment. What annoys me is the attitude of XBOX owners and their "Superior machine" which is not superior, just slightly better at what it's designed to do as the PS3 is better at what that is designed to do!
This will be one we disagree on. Neither is superior. Both are different. Superior would imply they attempted to be the same thing. However, I stand by my comment that in the current market, the XBOX is the better device (games, entertainment, chat, video).
Old 20-01-2011, 11:37 AM
FletchCossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I think we will agree to disagree mate You obviously not a typical Xbox owner who thinks Xbox is THE best thing ever made and is prepared to argue about it. You comments are calmly layed out and we will be here all day with examples, etc and its not worth the time

If you was going "PS3 is shit, Xbox is better" then I would continue all day long but your view is Xbox is better and your providing examples as to why you believe this. Most typical owners go "PS3 is shit" and when you ask why they say "Cause Xbox is better" I will respect it cause your not trying to force it down my throat

Last edited by FletchCossie; 20-01-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 20-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Madgit
Works and plays on track

I like them the same!
Old 20-01-2011, 05:38 PM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

I think we will agree to disagree mate You obviously not a typical Xbox owner who thinks Xbox is THE best thing ever made and is prepared to argue about it. You comments are calmly layed out and we will be here all day with examples, etc and its not worth the time

If you was going "PS3 is shit, Xbox is better" then I would continue all day long but your view is Xbox is better and your providing examples as to why you believe this. Most typical owners go "PS3 is shit" and when you ask why they say "Cause Xbox is better" I will respect it cause your not trying to force it down my throat
And I respect your's about the PS3.

See PF can have adult posts

Now.......back to titties and ass
Old 21-01-2011, 12:39 AM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

It's a shit game anyway... PC+cod4 ftw! Dedi servers mean hackers get booted! And there's no way of hacking the 'whole game'.
Old 21-01-2011, 10:46 AM
SWITCHBLADE
Passionate about fords

Okay, heres a question, playing the same game on both machines in single player mode which one do you now think is better with regards to graphics ????, you wont see much difference.

Thats due to the developer of the game making the game for multi platform, in effect the game when released on the ps3 is toned down graphic wise compared to the xbox 360.

Move onto games which are console exclusives and thats when you really see the difference graphically and the ps3 is a machine which is more advanced and dependant on console gen life would show this more and more the older the two consoles get but the next gen consoles will probably come around before the limit of the ps3 graphically is reached.

Xbox live i feel is much better than psn which to be fair is very important, more so these days where online gaming is a huge draw when games are released, if sony could make their online gaming as good if not better than microsoft i feel youd see a shift in opinion with regards to which is better, i certainately would pay a yearly fee for the privilage of having a great online service with extra effort going towards stopping the wankers hacking the shit out of games etc.

Pc rules in all departments anyway when it comes to games, whether its online or graphically, consoles are just easier ( and cheaper ) to use if thats the only thing the user wants ie a gaming machine. My pc would wank over all consoles graphically but i still seem to use my ps3 more due to my friends having the ps3.

Dave.

Last edited by SWITCHBLADE; 21-01-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old 21-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

You lot need to grow the fuck up and stop playing with video games
Old 21-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Madgit
Works and plays on track

pmsl what time were you on til last night?
Old 22-01-2011, 11:12 AM
martinvrs
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXzp3Ru8VQY

http://www.infinityward.com/forum/vi...?f=28&t=371760

Have been following what infinityward have been saying since thursday. Basiclly change your nat type to moderate instead of open. will take a little longer to find a game but you will be more likely to be put into a non hacked game.

If you watch the youtube vid you'll get the picture of how bad it is. Especially when a YT commentator/director is saying something about it.

I'm a genuine 9th pretige lev 70 and cant play the game because of fear of loosing everything or gaining everything.

Playing black ops but its very poor compaired to mw2. hope they can find a fix.
Old 22-01-2011, 12:43 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

I was level 7 & last night some little fucking wanker mate me level 10 prestige with everything unlocked bearing in mind 2 weeks ago i was level 5 they have put me up 5 levels
Old 22-01-2011, 12:49 PM
martinvrs

The next game you go into might put you back down to the very start!!

And the game developers might never get this fixed. fingers crossed they do.
Old 22-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Mk4 Lew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I want them to sort it out properly is so stressful. And shorter upped my rep cheers
Old 22-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Mk4 Lew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Martin when I can get on computer I'll add rep matey
Old 22-01-2011, 02:20 PM
martinvrs

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/11/cal...reconstructed/

http://www.vg247.com/2011/01/21/rumo...ystem-for-ps3/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...2-hacks-on-ps3

Thought I would put some links up so you guys could have a wee look.

Will I ever be able to play this game again?
Old 22-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Mk4 Lew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Added to your rep mate
Old 23-01-2011, 12:43 PM
martinvrs

This is what hackers can do in game from hacked menu.

Admin:
Godmode
Give All Godmode
Remove All Godmode
Destroy All Killstreaks [NEW]
Toggle Clear Everyone's Killstreaks [NEW]
Teleport Players
Teleport Players to Me
Teleport Everyone
Invisible
Toggle Fully Automatic Weapons [NEW]
Spawn 3x Bots
Bots Play
Speed x2
No-Recoil
Destroy Choppers
Super AC-130 [NEW]
Pet Pavelow [NEW]
Ninja Escape [NEW]
Kill The Campers [NEW]
Automatic Drop Shot [NEW]

Host:
Change Map
Force Host (TheUnknw0wn's) [NEW]
Force Host (Alternate)
Toggle Flashing Name [NEW]
Normal Lobby
The Gun Game
One in the Chamber [FIXED]
Hide and Go Seek [NEW]
Quick Scope Lobby [NEW]
Global Thermonuclear War
VIP
One Flag
Arena
Fast Restart
End Game
Prestige 11
Advertise [EDITED]

Host Spawn: [NEW]
Sky Plaza
Sky Base
Artillery Gun
TheUnknw0wn's Bunker
Merry-Go-Round

Spawn:
Harrier
Little Bird
AC-130
Tree #1
Tree #2
Winter Truck
Hummer Car
Police Car
Crate
Blowup Doll
Dev Sphere

Game Settings: [NEW]
Anti-Join
Make Unlimited
Enable Big XP
Ranked Match
Change to Search and Destroy [NEW]
Change to Domination [NEW]
Change to Free-For-All [NEW]
Toggle Super Jump
Toggle Super Speed
Low Gravity
Enable Friendly Fire [NEW]

Fun:
Wallhack
Teleporter
Call Chopper
UFO Mode
Enable Modded Bullets [NEW + FIXED]
Change Bullet Type [NEW]
JetPack
CarePackage Gun
Suicide Bomber [NEW]
Jesus Bomb [NEW]
JaviRain [NEW]
Super Harriers
Set Self Care Package
Set Self Sentry
Set Self Normal
Create Clone [NEW]
Forge Mode [NEW]

Stats:
+50,000 Kills
+20,000 deaths
+2,000 Wins
+1,000 Losses
+1,000,000 Score
+50,000 Headshots
+5 Days
+10 Killstreak
+10 Winstreak
Reset Stats

Killstreaks:
Care Package [NEW]
Predator Missle
Emergency Airdrop
Stealth Bomber
Pavelow
Chopper Gunner
AC-130
EMP

Weapons:
Default Weapon
Akimbo Thumpers
Gold Deagle
Javelin
Spawn Turret
Remove All Weapons
Change Class [NEW]
Walking AC-130
Nuke Gun [NEW]
COD 4 Intervention [NEW]

Account:
Colored Classes
x1,000 Accolades
Third Person
Infinite Ammo
Suicide
Random Appearance [NEW]
ClanTag - Unbound
ClanTag Editor [NEW]
Class Name Editor [NEW]
Gold Deagle Classes [NEW]
Infections [FIXED]
ProMod Infection [NEW]
Nuke in Care Package Infection [NEW]

Aiming:
Stop Aiming
Aim for Head
Aim For Chest
Toggle Unrealistic Aiming [FIXED]

All Players: [NEW]
Kick All Players
Kick All Players with Message
VIP All Players
Unlock All Players
Rank All Players
DeRank All Players
Infect
Send All Players Sky Diving
Set All Players on Fire
Take All Weapons
Attach Flag to All Players
Suicide All Players
Lock Menu
F-U-C-K OFF (Message to Unverified) [NEW]

Players Extra: [NEW]
Lock Player's Menu
Take Player's Weapons
Clear Player's Perks
Attach Flag to Player
Give Nuke Gun
Give Aimbot
Give Unlimited Ammunition
Set Player on Fire
Send Player Sky Diving
Rotate Player's Screen
Make it Rain

Players:
Kick Player
Kick Player with Message [NEW]
Verify Player
VIP Player
CoAdmin Player
Admin Player
Remove Access Player [FIXED]
Godmode Player
Rank Player
Unlock All Player
Suicide Player
Teleport Player to Me
Give Nuke Player
Tag Player [NEW]
Reset Stats [NEW]
-----------
Derank Player
Torture Derank Player [NEW]
Freeze PS3 Player

Time to tradde in MW2??
Old 23-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Mk4 Lew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

sound mate rep added
Old 23-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Mk4 Lew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

when it will let me
Old 23-01-2011, 04:23 PM
mellis01
Virgin

the game is practically unplayable on the ps3. in my opinion the feeling i am getting from all this is that since we dont pay for online gaming unlike xbox then why should we fix it. if u want to play online, buy black ops. wrong bloody attitude. they got our money when we purchased the game and it states on the box its a multiplayer game so stop screwing us and get it fixed!!!!!

Quick Reply: Modern Warfare 2 Players... Be warned!!!