Computers, Consoles and I.T. Post all computer related chat in here for our I.T techies to help with. Please be aware that any discussions related to piracy will be removed and render the member liable to a possible ban. Piracy renders PassionFord Admin liable for prosecution, as well as its members.

Windows Vista Content Protection

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 06:49 AM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Windows Vista Content Protection

God I knew Vista was rubbish but this article provides written by Peter Gutmann the widely respected security developer who has written many crypto systems and protocols, not to mention developed cryptlib is shocking its an interesting read if your a closet geek

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut00...ista_cost.html

It has information such as the following :

Decreased Playback Quality

Alongside the all-or-nothing approach of disabling output, Vista requires that any interface that provides high-quality output degrade the signal quality that passes through it if premium content is present. This is done through a “constrictor” that downgrades the signal to a much lower-quality one, then up-scales it again back to the original spec, but with a significant loss in quality. So if you're using an expensive new LCD display fed from a high-quality DVI signal on your video card and there's protected content present, the picture you're going to see will be, as the spec puts it, “slightly fuzzy”
Old 09-09-2007, 07:47 AM
djmillsy
Fife Radge

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

makes for some goo dreading its seems windows wants to know what everyone is up to so ill be on linux for my next comp