Computers, Consoles and I.T. Post all computer related chat in here for our I.T techies to help with. Please be aware that any discussions related to piracy will be removed and render the member liable to a possible ban. Piracy renders PassionFord Admin liable for prosecution, as well as its members.

Add Extra ADSL Micro Filters

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 11:31 AM
soulweavers
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Add Extra ADSL Micro Filters

I went from a cable modem to an ADSL modem and so my problem started, everytime I used the telephone my internet connection froze, I had followed the installation instructions to the letter, micro filter into telephone line etc. After some weeks of this problem persisting I discovered by chance what the problem was, you need these micro filters where ever you have a land line installed, also if you have Sky Saterlite installed you must also add a micro filter to this telephone line aswell.

So to sum up, on any and all land line telephone sockets or even cordless telephones that connect to a telephone socket you must add a micro filter, this cures any freeze ups and cuts noise from computer at the same time.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:41 PM
frog
0-60 in 17 seconds (eek)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup ! 100% correct, unless BT change your master socket and put a microfilter in there which means that your ADSL modem HAS to be plugged into the master socket, and all other telephone sockets can ONLY be used for telephones/faxes/modems/sky, etc...

Usually, if your installation is Wires Only, you get the microfilter thingies because BT don't visit your house, if they do come and change things, you shouldn't need any.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:03 PM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When I had Ao Hell installed, a BT chap came and did this for me But it is something you have to do to get it to work, or use Telewest Broadband