Computers, Consoles and I.T. Post all computer related chat in here for our I.T techies to help with. Please be aware that any discussions related to piracy will be removed and render the member liable to a possible ban. Piracy renders PassionFord Admin liable for prosecution, as well as its members.

bluetooth dongal installer?

Search this Thread

Old 21-05-2006, 09:00 PM
snOOpy86
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bluetooth dongal installer?

is there anyway of downloading the software for my MSI bluetooth dongal and i cant seem to find the disk
Old 21-05-2006, 11:22 PM
MikeyXR2i
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/produc...il.php?UID=326
Old 22-05-2006, 12:01 AM
snOOpy86
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

yeh thats the one i got, i just need the installation disk, or the somewhere to download the software
Old 22-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

When you plug in the USB dongle, Windows should automatically have a driver and software to install your device to use with Windows built in Bluetooth Stack.

Scan this forum as there a couple of threads from when I had problems with mine
Old 22-05-2006, 01:22 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrush
When you plug in the USB dongle, Windows should automatically have a driver and software to install your device to use with Windows built in Bluetooth Stack.

Scan this forum as there a couple of threads from when I had problems with mine
If windows already has the driver/software then why do dongles come with a cd?

Im pretty sure i had to install software from my cd which came with my sitecom dongle
Old 22-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Win XP SP2 has a built in Bluetooth Stack, that isn't activated untill a bluetooth device is plugged in. XP does it's usual "New Hardware found" pop-up thingy, then searches the registery to find the relevant driver for it. If it finds it, then it installs the bluetooth dongle and MY BLUETOOTH PLACES appears on your desktop and the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack is activated. Here, you can see in my Nokia PC Suite that I have both The Microsoft Stack and the Widcomm Stack (aftermarket stand alone bluetooth stack) listed as available for my phones to connect to;

Now with mine, as soon as I plugged in the BT dongle, Windows recognised it and installed it. But I then also installed some Widcomm software as I wanted to do something different with the dongles (I have one on my machine, and another on my downstairs machine, and wanted a virtual network between the two of them, and the Widcomm works better for that then the MS stack) So I installed the Widcomm stack also. In my quick links I see this;

The top one is the MS BT stack, and the second one is for the Widcomm stack - so both are active (but Nokia PC suite is only set up to use the Widcomm stack, as is the virtual network I have between the two PC's.) - the MS stack can still be used to send and recieve files, but since the Widcomm stack is always on "go" I just use that now....

To go back to the original question tho, most USB BT devices come with software as not everyone uses XP SP2. Some still use 98, some ME, some 2000. Some are still on XP SP1. Bundling software means thet everyone who buys this device will be able to use it, even if they aren't on XP SP2

That said, I bought a BT device that came with software. I plugged it in and Windows acknowledged it was new hardware, but wouldn't assign it to the MS stack, as it obviously didn't have a driver for it. So it must have been a device manufactured AFTER the SP2 drivers were built, and didn't conform to the MS driver recognition or whatever. Or in plain english, it was a cheapo piece of shit I had to use the supplied software with it, and the software was ABSOLUTE GASH. Complete useless pile of shit, that messed up my PC more than it worked

So we fucked that off and got some new BT devices and now we are happy