Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

Sierra Cosworth 3dr road/track car project

Search this Thread

Old 22-04-2017, 08:27 AM
3drRich
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 63 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Sierra Cosworth 3dr road/track car project

I'm selling my 3dr Cosworth track/race car which I was planning on building to replicate one of the group a touring cars as I have since bought an already built car that turns up tomorrow

I would not be selling this car if it were not for the fact of the one I have bought is exactly what I wanted.

The car was originally a left hand drive mk 2 3dr 2.0is that was brought over from France in 2015 and was registered as 1989 (g reg) this was a great start to the project as as it was a 2.0is it already had the bigger gearbox tunnel and has never had any damage, rust (absolutely mint shell) or welding apart from the bits I have changed. Also being registered in 1989 I was going to put an e plate private plate on it just to look the part.

The car was brought over in 2015 and converted to rhd then the guy who owned it took all the running gear from a 2wd saff and turned it into a 3dr Cosworth replica which I then bought.

The car was originally red but sprayed black as that's what he wanted but I want bothered as it was goin White anyway.

I have bought a lot of nice parts for this car and spent a lot of time so far building it.

Since I have had the car I have completely stripped it fitted a full multipoint weld in cage from custom cages (cage goes everywhere) seam welded all the front end and rear end, removed a few brackets, battery tray, moved fuse box, added front and rear strut braces (welded in situe) converted it to mk1 front and rear end using non gen but well fitted front end parts plus modified back panel and rear lights to convert to mk1, removed rear fuel filler and welded up, changed front and rear tow eyes to heavy duty spec, removed roof skin (originally sunroof model) ready for one piece carbon roof to be bonded on.

I have had the car on a rollover jig and completely cleaned the underside, re stone chipped then painted in diamond white. The car is now back on my movable trolley and the prep work will be finished and it will be fully high build primed in white before sale as I want to see it at this stage

The car Is near on complete as in parts wise with only a rear bumper and front windscreen plus a few smaller parts plus fuel tank (was gonna run a race cell)

Parts it comes with (will have forget some I'm sure)

- Complete body shell with custom cages cage fully primed and painted under neath registered as a 1989 2.0is
- Doors, boot lid, bonnet (bonnet is quite scabby and has a few dents but will prep ok) bonnet vents, front and rear lights, all Glass minus windscreen.
- rs500 fibreglass front bumper (home made mountings on car so can be clipped and unclipped from inside) rs500 fibreglass lower spoiler, rear lower spoiler, upper spoiler.
- fibreglass arches/kit
- complete running engine that was running stage 3 and was very quite.
- t5 gearbox which was nice and tight.
- rear diff plus prop.
- all wiring loom, abs modules, ecus, brake lines (I have buckets of all the bits that came off the car)
- new steering rack gators and driveshaft gaitor kits ready to fit once underside items are powder coated.
- mk Motorsport 6degree rear beam freshly powder coated
- one piece carbon roof skin made by carbon delight
- ap racing 4pots with 330 bells and rotors (only covered 800miles) St award rear brake setup
- new comp brake adjustable lower arms and adjustable track rod ends.
- various new bolts from mt Motorsport to put all the underside back together
- 17 team dynamics multi spoke alloys ( just to get it rolling as I was going centre locks)
- koni adjustables (not very old)
- pro alloy rad and large intercooler.
- 2 stainless steel exhausts (was gonna make a side exit out of the 2)
- 10 litres of diamond white paint and thinners here for the car

I'm sure there's loads I've forgotten but you get the idea. As said I was gonna replicate one of the gpa touring cars and wanted it to be as mint as I could get it. The car was complete with mot when I bought it 8months ago so all the small bits are mainly all here in buckets for the rebuild.

This is mainly going to be more time than expense to finish but would be awesome if finished right. I won't be giving it away as I would finish it myself as and when I have time so please no TIMEWASTERS.

I have lots of pictures of the car and various stages so any genuine interest please PM and we can have a chat

Offers around £14000

Last edited by 3drRich; 23-04-2017 at 09:14 PM.