Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

J reg Fiesta RS turbo replica

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 10:09 AM
macturbo
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J reg Fiesta RS turbo replica

Ford fiesta 1.4 RS turbo replica in pink
I bought this several months ago with no engine, gearbox or wiring harness.
The previous owner removed these items for his mk2 fiesta.
Based on a 1.1 LX it is now a 1.4 EFI cvh with Electric windows, central locking and also has a ford chipped key now with a code box as the wiring harness I fitted was from a M reg fiesta which also had the airbag steering wheel which has now been added to this car. The exhaust that is fitted is from the same car as the engine and wiring harnes came from and therefore has a catalyst and lambda sensor which means it goes through the strictor catalyst emissions test.
The bodywork is very good for its age, with the only real signs of rust being around the fuel cap, otherwise it only has the odd mark and dent. Its a very presentable car.
Comes with 15" alloys running very good tyres, lowered suspension springs, stainless steel fuelcap and a stainless steel backbox.
Full fiesta RS turbo bodykit fitted.
Mot expires July the 7th 2009, unfortunately no road tax. I can however tax at extra cost.
When I fitted the engine and gearbox I also replaced the clutch, timing belt plugs, oil etc. These items have only done about 8 miles which was to the MOT centre and back.
With the car having a later engine and harness it went through a catalyst emission test and passed. I have the print out for this aswell.
The car is running a fiesta RS turbo fuel tank and pump.
The mileage of the car is only 72000 miles and the donor car I used had done 83000 miles which Ive kept the clocks to show.
I have lots of pictures of both the donor car and this car from when I bought it to how it looks now, so feel free to ask if you wish to see these.
The car also has a MultiTlock and factory ford radio cassette fitted.

Not so good points:
The car has only been painted on the outside and partialy in the door checks, neither the boot or engine bay have been done.
The vehicle was stolen and recovered in 2005 and has been subject to an insurance claim and is noted on the logbook as "substantially repaired and/or accident damaged, identity checked on 21 06 2005". This is standard practice for any car which has been through an insurance claim and has been a cat C or higher. I have the VIC certificate for the car. This was the reason why I chose to use a later donor car for the chipped key, it cant be stolen so easily again.
Some rust around the filler cap.
1 jacking point cover is black as the original was lost.
Rear spoiler is black.
Logbook needs updating as it shows the vehicle as still being a 1100cc.
The front wheels catch the arch guards on full lock as they are quite a wide tyre.

Here is a "virtual" tour of the car to give you an idea of how it looks:
http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d4...t=MOV00219.flv

Car is located in Newcastle Upon Tyne at £500 NO OFFERS!!

Last edited by macturbo; 02-09-2008 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Forgot to add location, ooops!
Old 02-09-2008, 09:57 PM
wezza

my god i'm so happy to see this car still around this used to be my wifes first car i can vouch for the stolen recovered bit for you as i was the guy that bought it, and had it resprayed this colour for her, it only had lock damage when i bought it and yes it was a very clean car hope it goes to a good home my wife loved this car it attracted a lot of attention
Old 06-09-2008, 05:38 PM
macturbo
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by wezza
my god i'm so happy to see this car still around this used to be my wifes first car i can vouch for the stolen recovered bit for you as i was the guy that bought it, and had it resprayed this colour for her, it only had lock damage when i bought it and yes it was a very clean car hope it goes to a good home my wife loved this car it attracted a lot of attention

It would have been my mate Bri that bought it from you when it had the turbo engine, alloys interior etc in it.
He stripped them all out for his mk2 fiesta xr2 and was going to scrap this shell which is when I decided to buy it for my mrs.
I fitted a few new bits N bobs for its test but the body is good, I undersealed it all again to keep it good, hopefully.

ANYWAY, NOW SOLD, THANKS!