Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

sapphire cosworth 2wd totally standard.one prev owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 07:28 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sapphire cosworth 2wd totally standard.one prev owner

i bought this to use for myself for next years show season but due to a very slow body repair man and the fact im moving premises in december i could do with losing a few cars at the mo.

i bought the car from a guy who has owned the car since it was 12 months old and for the last 5 years had only really used it once a year when taking it for mot.he was an old boy who just couldnt bring himself to sell it.the car has covered 61000 miles and is completely standard and has never been modified-still has a standard exhaust!

i was going to go to town with this and strip it down and rebuild it to the best condition i could but it looks like time may be against me now.

it has original ford wings fitted,it may have had a rear panel very early on in its life but the guy swears it hasnt had a panel whilst he has had it so if it has it must have been in its first year.by the way the car is completely hpi clear.it has some corrosion where the rear panel fits the quarter behind the bumper which needs sorting-not much of a job-i only found it when i removed the bumper!
also the drivers rear arch has a slight bit of bubbling and has been addressed by the last owner about 4 years ago-i was going to get a complete arch fitted but it could very easily be sorted or even left as it is.

within the last 3 months it has had a new head gasket,new radiator.it fires up with no probs and is ice and quiet.the drive is nice and tight.

as you can see in the pics i began to strip it by removing the front and rear bumpers,rear lights,wheel arch liners and indicators and removed carefully the door/wing mouldings(will go back on).it could very easily be put back together.my body man promised me he could do it straight away-4 weeks later he is still finding excuses........

long mot and taxed.not a lot of history as the guy was a lover of the car but not your typical keep everything rs enthusiast.but the way the car drives and looks tells you its a genuine mileage car.

overall a very good example in an unmodified state-not that many like this left-plus its a rare colour-mercury grey,with low owners.
could easily be used as it is,or continue the work and make it a mega car.plus how many cossies can you see partially stripped with a fair description of it?

£5000.may deal.
hopefully my man will pull his finger out and get the body sorted before i get interest as i would rather see it finished,but i think time is running out,especially now im moving premises

pic of when i bought it.

pics of the car taken today.

the rear panel bit

the drivers arch-not much eh!

pass arch-good

interior is good,seats are good apart from some slight wear on bottom of driver seat.silly things like the window switches-the white paint is still very bright white,look like new!

standard engine bay
Old 10-11-2007, 08:06 PM
darryl turbo
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice car and very cheap considering how the car is

keep it jay