Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

ANY ONE FANCY A PX FOR MY RARE WRX STI!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 08:58 PM
3dr
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ANY ONE FANCY A PX FOR MY RARE WRX STI!!!

THIS IS A VERY RARE SCOOBY STI S202 LTD EDITION WITH ONLY 28K MILES 6 SPEED LIGHT WEIGHT SPEC,CAR IS IN BRILLIANT CONDITION AND IS QUICKER THAN THE STANDARD STI'S.

WILL DO A PX WITH A 3DR COSWORTH OR ANY THING WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:13 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thought the S202's came with different spoiler and looked a wee bit different too?

I know its the right colour and have never seen an STI in this colour but can you verify that its a real S202?
Old 03-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Jon(M600BHP)
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

S202s had different alloys aswell
Old 03-04-2007, 09:40 PM
macker
Advanced PassionFord User

Looks wicked in Yellow
Goodluck with sale
Old 03-04-2007, 11:31 PM
Zetec Andy
10K+ Poster!!

shouldnt it look like this?

Old 03-04-2007, 11:32 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

yeah think so...awesome car
Old 04-04-2007, 09:08 AM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

*EDITED*

Trending Topics

Old 04-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zetec Andy

Yes it should. The one for sale looks like the on that Keighley were trying to sell a while ago and it was thought to be a fake.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:47 PM
matt p
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
Originally Posted by Zetec Andy

Yes it should. The one for sale looks like the on that Keighley were trying to sell a while ago and it was thought to be a fake.
Oh dear not keighley again

Think they go bankrupt every 3 months and pop up again with a
different name.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Davie
PassionFord Regular

Thats never a real S202 is it?

What were the other differentiators other than the cosmetic ones?
Old 04-04-2007, 02:25 PM
3dr

yeh i think that a few standard bits have been replaced but i have some paper work from japan to confirm that its a real s202 plus have took it to some subaru dealers who have also confirmed.they usual ask if its got the red leg arms which this has.its a cheap motor considering what they go for.11.5k for cash sale or swap!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Davie
PassionFord Regular

Was it bought from Keighly?
Old 04-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Cawood
PassionFord Post Whore!!

was it you who just sold that black 3dr?
Old 04-04-2007, 05:53 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Davie
Thats never a real S202 is it?

What were the other differentiators other than the cosmetic ones?
sure a s202 had diferent engine, suspension and a fancy WI tank in the boot
Old 04-04-2007, 06:03 PM
3dr

well it has got different suspension and the tank in the boot not sure what difference is in the engines.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Jon(M600BHP)
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

also had an oil cooler behind front grill
Old 04-04-2007, 08:50 PM
BRIGSPORT
UNAUTHORISED DEVELOPMENTS

I was going to ask if it was from keighley dick head centre,as the one they had was the only one i have ever seen in that colour.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i like it
and only difference with the engine over a spec c is an ecu tweak.
loads of other little things to tell them apart tho
Old 05-04-2007, 02:45 PM
iains2rs
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Subaru Impreza s202 STi

The last of the bug-eyed Scoobs gets 316bhp and a big boost in ability
The facelifted Impreza might already have landed but the old model's last hurrah is an absolute stunner. Called the s202 STi, it's a limited edition 400-off model created for the Japanese market by Subaru Tecnica International (STi), Subaru's motorsport division. After it was announced a few months back, the whole run sold out in just two weeks.

It's rather special, of course. Apparently, Petter Solberg, works Subaru driver and recent winner of Rally GB, reckons that of all the roadgoing Imprezas he's driven, the s202 feels most like his WRC car. If it wasn't yellow, he'd probably have said it looked most like it too, with its ten-spoke gold-painted alloys and roof vent, though he must have been eyeing the adjustable carbonfibre rear wing and wondering why his company car didn't have one.

The starting point of the s202 is the lightweight 'RA Spec C' Impreza, a Japanese model that's packed with all the mechanical bits that matter and stripped of luxuries. The s202 puts a few back in, such as air con and electric windows, but it can afford to because its version of the RA Spec C's flat-four, already uprated with special cams and a roller-bearing turbo, has a revised ECU that takes power even higher, to no less than 316bhp. Hang on, what about the gentleman's agreement between Japanese makers to stick to a 276bhp ceiling?
Beats me, but maybe it's no coincidence there's no Subaru badging to be found on the car, only 'S202' and 'STi'.

The s202 isn't simply an RA with a few nice bits and more power: STi's engineers have been right through the mechanicals, upgrading and respecifying components. Unsprung weight has been pared courtesy of those Rays forged alloys, shod with 225/45 ZR17 Pirelli P-Zero Rossos, and there are also 7kg lighter, grooved brake discs. The four-wheel-drive system has a mechanical limited slip diff at the back, a 'Suretrack' diff at the front, and the suspension has been fine-tuned throughout, with 'pillow ball' bushing for the lower arms and trailing links. Look through the spokes of a rear wheel and beyond the gold Brembo brake callipers you'll see the mark of STi on the chassis - pink painted suspension arms. Nice.
In fact, the dark recesses of the s202's exterior are dotted with special STi componentry; tucked to one side in the gaping lower air intake is an STi-branded engine oil cooler, while jutting from the rear is a titanium silencer with a tailpipe the size of a torpedo tube. Hidden from view are braided brake hoses, and under the bonnet the inlet tracts are crafted from red silicon tubing. Oddly, the strut brace has been deleted. Pop the boot open and it looks like thieves have nicked all the trim, leaving behind only the vast water reservoir for the intercooler spray.

Inside, the changes are small - black trim, blue-faced dials, a numbered s202 plaque - but it won't escape your notice that the slim-rimmed Momo wheel doesn't have an airbag.

It takes a very short distance to realise the s202 is out of the ordinary. There's Impreza character in abundance but everything feels sharper, more heightened. The engine warbles heartily, picks up with purpose from low revs and even on small throttle openings feels alert and responsive, while the chassis is firmly controlled but not at the expense of urban suppleness.

The s202 weighs 140kg less than a UK-spec WRX STi and has 60bhp more, rocketing its power-to-weight up, up and away. And boy can you feel it. When you first get the chance to pin the throttle into the carpet, the s202 delivers a neck-straining thump that forces you into your seat from less than 4000rpm right to the limiter. If you're an Impreza fan, the pulsed blare from the tailpipe is to die for.

It gets better. On demanding roads the s202 is unlike any Impreza I've driven, combining the organic feel and predictable progression that has endeared it to so many, with the responsiveness of arch rival, the Evo VII. You have to be on your mettle in damp, greasy conditions because understeer has been virtually eradicated. But as soon as you've got your head around the concept of the nose going exactly where you point it, while telling you exactly what it's doing, you can enjoy the sensation of the chassis setting itself up for a four-wheel-drift exit biased to oversteer.

Of all the Imprezas I've driven, none connects with both the road and the driver like the s202, and that engine is a beaut. It's concentrated Impreza; harder, louder and faster, giving you more of everything you love about the Subaru. The catch? Not that they're all sold, because a few have landed in the UK. No, it's the price - the best part of £40K.