Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

Cheapo Reliable Runabout ZX Volcane TD £650

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Ian2wdsaffcos
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheapo Reliable Runabout ZX Volcane TD £650

1993 K reg ZX Volcane TD
145k with fsh up to 110k-ish then 2 services by previous owner (a citroen technician) & then every 6k by me, due another now which I can do before collection. Interior is mint, exterior less so, I had some wall cladding drop on the front end & n/s wing during the storms last year so there are a few pea sized dings but any chips I have touched up, there is also a scrape on the rear bumper. There is no rust apart from a tiny strip at the bottom of one of the rear doors which is only just starting & hasn't come through the paint yet, so small I couldn't get it to show up on camera oh & a bit of corrosion on the alloys aswell. I've not used the car except for twice since february 8th, it has been sat in my garage since getting the new job with a company car so I have no need for it.

It had 2 new tyres fitted 4k ago & lazer wheel alignment done (october) (£130)
A new roller tensioner in January (£120)
New battery in oct (£47)
New cambelt, cambelt tensioner, water pump, fan belt, radiator, anti-freeze, o/s/r brake caliper, brake load valve & brake hoses last June (£700)......most of this work I did as a precaution and wasn't strictly necessary at the time but I was doing a 60 mile commute at the time & wanted the car to stay reliable for as long as possible.
Having a Ball joint replaced & new handbrake cables for the MOT on Tues.

I have 2 x 5litre cans of oil (one if you want me to do the service before collection), some sump washers, a couple of air filters I think (definitely still got one), 2 fuel filters, 2 oil filters, a can of gearbox oil & a haynes manual that will come with the car aswell.

The car will have full MOT from Tuesday but no tax.

The car only let me down once in the 2 years I've had it & that was a dead battery & returned always returned 45-60mpg per tank. It runs very well and uses no oil between services.

This car is a bargain & ideal for anyone wanting a reliable runabout thats gonna last them years.

Old 05-06-2006, 12:54 PM
ford_courier
Virgin

how much?
Old 05-06-2006, 11:06 PM
Ian2wdsaffcos

Originally Posted by ford_courier
how much?
£650 mate
Old 29-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Ian2wdsaffcos

UP

Also has about £800 worth of alpine stereo/speakers with stealth shelf included (fitted 1½ years ago) that I was going to remove from the car but have decided it's probably going to be years before I'll have a home for it so rather than arse about ripping it out the buyer has the option of keeping with the car for another £250.