View Single Post
Old 27-03-2021, 07:59 PM
Jack and the Beanstalk
Regular Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
they are specific to each side
one is for the hangle and the other is for the assembly
the facelift 90 spec cars had integral locks and things that were cable operated and the ealier cars had rods
it's all a bit complciated and i've had a bit of the old falling down water but if i remember i'll try to make some sense later today
the door chell has osme changes so you may need ot adjust it with a hammer to make the newr locks fit the older car but it's all about making them more secure and leass easy to break into with a stick
they are specific to each side
So they do not look alike with opposite operation? What I am asking here is does the drivers side mech look identical to the the passenger side mech but opposite or does it look like the above pics i supplied. I'm not sure if I have the correct passenger door mech as I bought that separately from a scrapyard

one is for the hangle and the other is for the assembly
Not sure what you mean?

the door chell has osme changes so you may need ot adjust it with a hammer to make the newr locks fit the older car but it's all about making them more secure and leass easy to break into with a stick
I'm doing the opposite, so fitting older style locking mechanism to the newer door ie using push rod system to instead of cable operated. So far only mod / change I had to do was drill a new hole for where the inner handle fits to the door with the one fixing screw

The next question is are the lever rods that appear in Mark V8's first post the correct orientation as I'm copying this as a reference?

The lever rod that connect from the outer door handle to the door mech. is it suppose to be loose and rattily?

Any info would help

Cheers