Old 01-12-2018, 05:23 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by St3V3_C
straight off the HC website. Updated? Why? Has eyesight got worse in the last few years?

The only reason you can't see as well without headlights as it starts to fade is because you've been blinded by the Muppet coming towards you with headlights on. You've heard of night vision right?

I have a car that the dash doesn't light up unless the sidelights are on. They go on when I can't glance down and immediately read the gauges. Headlights a bit later, even in built up areas because of the blinding from other lights.

Bottom line is have a look up the road - if you can see , you don't need headlights lol
Whilst I do agree with you - so many people go from no lights to full lights, with nothing in between - I think one of the biggest problems now is because we've got into the DRL phase, people don't bother switching side lights on, and the problem with that is most car's DRL's don't include tail lights. So it gets past dusk and people think "well I've always got lights on the front anyway, I don't need my headlights" - correctly, as you've pointed out - but they don't factor in the fact their tail lights aren't on.