Thread: Mash's ST170
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 01:00 PM
Mashurst
Regular Contributor

Received 52 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ_AL
I love the RS seats but how does it look inside with the standard rears? I'm thinking of getting a replacement drivers seat (half leather) as my fabric pattern is badly worn.

Oh and did they cost much? and easy to fit?
Not a good picture I'm afraid AL as it doesn't stand out that I fitted fronts and rears together, so it looks fine. I didn't get the cards though so there is some of the standard trim visible, but it doesn't really notice.

I bought them from 1-PD (Steve) really nice bloke and he did me a good deal, but you can get them from ebay for varying prices.

Fitting was pretty straightforward, 4 bolts for each of thee rear back sections, 2 bolts for each of the rear seat sections, and 4 bolts for eah of the fronts.

Best to disconnect the battery and leave it for a few minutes before you do the job, for the air bags to de-energise just in case (although I didn't bother ).

Then remember which plug you have to plug the orange seat belt restraint plug into as the old seats have a multi plug.

Downside is that the old seats have side airbags, so when you start the car up you get a airbag warning light on the dash. I've ordered some resistors which I am going to try instead of the airbag plug, and if that works, I'll post on here. I think it is possible to turn the side airbags off with the software, but I'm still looking at that. It's not an MOT fail, but it is annoying.

On th plus side they are really comfy, well supporting, and look cool too
The following users liked this post:
DJ_AL (03-05-2017)