View Single Post
Old 27-12-2016, 07:54 PM
djpratts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cossynut2
There is something very wrong with the way your friends engines have been built if they are having to be rebuilt after such low mileage. A well built Cosworth YB if looked after should last a long time. My engine was rebuilt in 1996 at 51,000 miles with a brand new wire rung 200 block,BD 10 & BD12 cams,group a head gasket, new low comp pistons, new crank and bearings, new uprated oil pump , ported and polished head to group a specification, new T35 hybrid turbo ,grey injectors and MSD 380 bhp chip etc.It has now done 106,000 and at 102,000 was upgraded again with T38 turbo, Siemens 83lb injectors, wasted spark ignition,A&S inlet plenum, lightened flywheel and new wiring looms.Custom chip live mapped at MSD. Gets properly driven and does not smoke or use oil.Never blown the head gasket or had any major oil leaks so I can say that in my case the engine has been very reliable for a long time! It has had a new Helix 6 paddle clutch and hydraulic conversion but that was personal choice.
after all these comment I quess the ecoboost is out the window... I might just get a whole fresh build by someone that knows what they are doing and hope I get the same results as you have... I was just getting frustrated with reliability problems... I've also got a Porsche Cayman s and that has been through 2 years of abuse without a problem..... I was just tired of the cossie spending more time getting fixed than being driven...