View Single Post
Old 14-09-2016, 04:15 PM
frug
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Done around 150-160 miles in the RX8 this week commuting to work and back, one thing I can say is that it is VERY good at drinking petrol!
Then this morning there was a strange thud under the passengers side, turns out that the bolt holding the fuel pump on had given way (christ knows how as its an m10 high tensile) the pump dropped off and ripped a hole in the aluminium casing making it piss petrol out pretty quickly, I had to get a bungee cord from B&Q and strap it back up and get home sharpish before it hit empty! So thats an extra job on the list now 😐. Going to lay the car up in the garage for a few weeks now and address some of the other little niggles I'm having, the worst of which is the squeaky exhaust and manifold, which has been driving me nuts over the last few days and makes the car sound like a bit of a shed. I'm also going to take a look into removing the PPF completely and replacing with a diff brace and a gearbox mount to allow a little more adjustment of the prop angle, as I think it is a little too straight and causing some vibration at 60-70mph. I have also got an occasional clunk from the nsr wheel area when I'm just about to come to a standstill, although I think this will just be a bushing or one of the ball joints getting a bit worn and slack.
Once this is all done, I will have a look into wrapping or more likely plasti-dipping the entire car, I might even have a go at doing the skoda first, as its about 5 different shades of silver and is starting to look a bit scruffy.