Thread: Car show rant
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 09:48 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn_
You have to think this days people like cars with posh badges on the front. When i was younger if you owned a Jag,Audi,BMW you were rich.
Pure badge snobbery these days your right mate. I know a few people who have the latest German makes and are literally skinting themselves every month on the finance payments as they want to be seen as "successful". It's just a resurgence of the keeping up with the joneses mentality. I don't have Facebook but a few people shown me what's on there and it's mainly from what I've seen people posing with posh cars all tarted up to the nines when in reality I know a lot of the people in the pics and it's defo a false reality lol. I may just Be getting old but we are such a materialistic society. A couple of people that come round ours from
Time to time all they speak about is the size of their new telly or how much they've just spent on clothes etc etc. Drives me nuts. I feel sorry for my mate, his missus has worked in various main dealers as a car saleswoman part time and every different dealer she's worked in they have to get a new car matching the brand
Of the dealership. Their now struggling to make their mortgage payments as there punting out over £300 a month for the latest car! He's having to work nearly 7 days a week to pay for her false lifestyle. So sad I feel sorry for him but he's a mug lol

Last edited by gcfcos; 12-07-2016 at 09:50 PM.