View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 01:13 PM
mgtkr1
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by XRT_si
Ha! Funny you say that, when I first took the car on long drive I made of note of oil pressure using the standard gauge. All seemed good, 2 bar on hot idle. I Googled RB26 oil pressure anyway and read that the standard gauge loves to go haywire, so keep an eye on it. Sure enough, I've noticed it shows less than 1 bar at 3000rpm every now and again, before returning to normal.

I'll get it sorted, been added to the list of things to do. Fairly sure I'm going to go for 500bhp and convert it to single turbo now.

Where did you get the new sender?
i was very fortunate enough to source one locally of another skyline owner. cost a tenner. it was just to put my mind at rest as its a worrying thing to see lol. there about 100 quid new so probably worth fitting a good quality aftermarket gauge. having big hands doesnt help when swapping the sender but i managed it. a stubby 17mm spanner (open ended) is the only tool required. i got my lad to pull the rubber cover back on the connect when hooking it back up. thats a fiddly job but half hour really if you have everything to hand