View Single Post
Old 14-09-2015, 08:14 PM
Rob_DOHC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by nevsrevs
Rob this is a newer plot with the boost raised slightly 1.6bar and a smaller exh housing now running more fuel but have no afr plot unfortunately as I would of liked you to look at it.
Bare in mind this is track only driven at wot a lot.

Making some decent power there mate. I cant really make any other comments without boost and/or AFR tho, and I can't see the correction factors. All that I can say is that its in shootout mode 4F (correct), the torque and bhp curves cross as approx 5252rpm (correct).

Normally if graph smoothing is tuned on (not sure that it is) small undulations in the torque can indicate some level of detonation however I doubt that is the case here as graph visible detonation generally gives more prominent spikes.

For track only I would definitely be running rich at high rpm/load. Down a long straight for example, where you maintain a high load for a long period of time (think Silverstone or Brands GP straights) the combustion chamber can heat up enough that hot spots appear (exhaust valve edge, or sharp edges in chamber) which may lead to pre-ignition or detonation. Some ecu's even allow you to richen the mixture after a prolonged (longer than a few seconds) period of high load.

Another fun looking car!