View Single Post
Old 14-09-2015, 05:14 PM
JamboRS
focus rs 1672

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nevsrevs
No that's you peak hp, unless your torque is higher than your hp? And I would agree with a few psi drop but 6 is a bit much, and the way the power tails off with your boost drop I would be looking at keeping the boost spike a little less.
Ill educate you mate
The power axis is on the left. The torque on the right. The power is measured at wheels on the graph which is 343. The torque is 376. 1.87 bar is 27psi. 1.6X bar is 23-24 psi.
As i said its normal for a boost spike. Its the boost spike that gives the torque peak. Without it the torque graph would be more linear. Your graph you have put you peak at 1.4bar(20psi) and tails to 1.3bar(18psi). Thats a 2psi pressure drop. Put it up to 26psi peak and see how much it tails of to. Id say it would be similar to mine. the more boost you try to get top end the more boost spike youll have trying to control it. Also your afr is a bit lean at max rpm. Id be happier with 11-5-11.7 at max rpm imo

the boost tailing off isnt a actuator/spring issue,its the turbo,its a baby gt2860rs.the turbo is probably running flat out so its not as efficient at that rpm as a bigger turbo would be. but by going bigger id lose the punchiness and as its a daily driver car i dont want a car that takes an age to come on boost just to gain a few extra bhp top end. the car is awesome on the road. quick spool,good power,its on kwv3's and has ap 6pots so it stops and handles decent aswell. perfect road car imo

Last edited by JamboRS; 14-09-2015 at 05:35 PM.