View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 04:13 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Shead
On Rods last set up it was running 8 750cc injectors so 1500cc per cylinder full on and no staging and 1.9co on tickover,
This set up will have 1000cc on and 1700cc staged so not working till about a bar so will be no problems.

Mark
Originally Posted by Rod-Tarry
Just seen that Mark has answered but a few tech facts.

Injectors are rated at 43psi. In a Cossie we run 51psi so a given injector will flow more than its quoted cc/min. As we add Boost that rises so at 4 bar its at 109psi. This means we can use smaller injectors than a car running 2 bar of Boost making the same Power. Don't make your Brain hurt Dojj I will explain that all very soon. I have 8 injectors & 4 will be 1000cc whatever Power we run so Mark may be able to make them work rather well . Please remember its 2015 not 1989 & we have electronics & hardware not available back then.
i was not aware you were running 8 injectors, but to make my brain not hurt:

4 are for normal stuff and the extra ones are the back up when they are needed

because the pressure is higher they do more fuel in the same time

and due to having the technology, the way they are being used is more controllable than it was back in the day

just say yes if that's the basics and no if it's not and i'll try to figure it out as we go along, everything else will need 5 pages worth of explanations otherwise
The following users liked this post:
opposite lock (19-09-2015)