Old 09-06-2013, 08:18 PM
higgsy91
Zetec Turbo Baby Yeahhhh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Longdog3004
Get gas torch and heat up bolts till glowing red, und like new after that, if font work at 1st heat again undo lil bit n do back up a bit keepdoing this till they loosen,
It's time consuming but deffo works
Took me 5 hours to undo nuts on my 4i manifold!
And still snapped 2 lol
I must say the heat worked best at first until one of the welds on the nuts snapped and then because the sleeve has seized to the bolt it pushed the nut out instead causing the metal frame to bend out of shape so have to snack that back now. I am really not looking forward to doing the trailing arm bushes!

Originally Posted by mechanic28
turbo sockets are the bollocks
Going to look into this. I watched a vid on how the old design of sockets is shit, all the pressure on the corners! What a wank idea.
Originally Posted by Mcfarlane11
I had the same issue on my focus's but I found that its only those bolts on the arm that I had any issue with, I cut the head of and the nut then cut a 5mm centre piece out of the bush then battered the life out of it until it come free,.. you can pick up those bushes for pennies on interweb or just go to your Mr FORDS dealers
Going to try this in the week. Got bolts still to cut. Everything I touch is destroyed or about to be destroyed. Never come across anything like it. Pictures to follow....

Name:  IMAG0609.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  246.8 KB
Name:  IMAG0608.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  265.8 KB
Name:  IMAG0607.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  430.1 KB
Name:  IMAG0606.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  279.8 KB