Old 21-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Mgore
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mondeo hesitation between first and second gear..

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Yeah, I'd definitely hold onto the revs past 1500rpm. Not ranting it, but changing up higher than you'd expect. I often need to dip into 1st, when I'd have expected 2nd to have been ok (pulling away from a slow pace). It's a foible of the car.
Thanks Dan, but having tried the car on the way home tonight, revs are nearer to 1800 - 2000 rpm, but still get this big 'lurch' as power drops off as I change up from first to second.
I can drive through it, but that means steaming along, spinning wheels and revving the motor! I've had two courtesy cars while the mondeo has been in (for over 4 weeks in total!), neither of which exhibited the slightest hesitation through the gears (neither were Mondeo's in fairness!) and in over 30 years of motoring and 13 years in the motor trade, have I driven a car this annoying!
The problem seems to be that as I depress the clutch in first and go to change into second, the revs rise on their own (I tried taking my foot off the throttle and it still does it, but ONLY in first to second?), then once in second, revs still around 1800 - 2000, the engine just drops off!! Could it be an issue with the 'fly by wire' throttle pedal or the throttle body itself?

The next step according to the dealer is that I need an independent engineers report!
I'd rather speak to Ford technical direct, but nobody seems to have their contact details??
I feel a bill coming up...!